Home | ER-101 | ER-102 | ER-301 | Wiki | Contact

1 bit drum - pulse percussion custom unit

custom-unit

1 bit drum

Welcome to gabba heaven (or better, hell :slight_smile: ) with this new simple unit based on Accents Aliased Pulse Oscillator. It is a percussive voice aimed mainly at nasty kicks but can produce zipper sounds and other weird stuff:

0009 0010

controls:

• gate: this fires the nasty drum triggering both amp and pitch envelopes
  • tune: pretty self explainatory 1v/oct control (here 0 = C note but you can change it going into the unit and resetting the pulse vco tune back to 0 cents)
  • amp rel: release control for the amplitude envelope
  • pitch rel: release control for the pitch envelope
  • p amt: how much the pitch envelope modulate pitch (positive only)
  • pw: pulse width of the pulse vco (limited at the extremes for optimal range)
  • a curve: curve control for the amplitude envelope. center = linear, positive values = more logarithmic, negative values = more exponential
  • p curve: curve control for the pitch envelope. center = linear, positive values = more logarithmic, negative values = more exponential

cpu: about 10%
firmware: v0.4.11 or later
requires: accents

have fun:
1 bit drum.unit (24.5 KB)

6 Likes

Should custom units use additional libraries and bespoke units like Accents?

some kicks, tweaking parameters:

some random beats (modulations by Frap Tools Sapèl):

2 Likes

GREAT JOB!!!
thanks for sharing !!!

1 Like

I loaded this ok but does it need combining with another unit or something else?

0 Likes

no, you just have to send it some gate into the GATE parameter (or fire it manually), exactly like you do with samplers. it is a sound generator not a processor, so it sounds by itself, but you have to trigger it

0 Likes

OK. I’ll try again… got it triggering but just had nothing on the output…

Was rushing tbh.

0 Likes

start with A curve and P curve at 0 then slowly set them. extreme values can cause the envelope to be too short or to not be retriggered correctly especially if the gate sequence is fast

0 Likes

Between ‘pw’ and ‘a curve’ is the open slot. What is in there?

0 Likes

That is where the custom unit’s patch resides.

1 Like

Well I have nothing showing in that slot. Just empty.

0 Likes

What is your firmware version? This unit preset will only work on v0.4.11 or later.

0 Likes

v0.4.11

Is what I’m using.

0 Likes

How are you loading the preset?

0 Likes

Used a custom container I think.

0 Likes

That should work then. You can also skip a bunch of steps and just load it directly from the Presets tab (S3) of the unit insert screen.

1 Like

Ah, I know what you are missing. This unit is based on Joe’s accents library. You need to have that installed first.

0 Likes

Cool. Hence my first question (which perhaps I should have worded better) ‘does it need combining with another unit or something else?’

Thanks for clearing that up…

0 Likes

aaaah sorry, totally forgot to mention that! thanks @odevices (also for editing my original post :wink: ), accents is so cool i somehow i always think everybody has it installed.

0 Likes

:joy: Good work everyone.

1 Like