6 track recorder freeze!

Thanks I will try this tonight :+1:

update this morning after disk repair
1st check 6mins mono rec ok
iā€™ll keep you postedā€¦
thanks!

i also had this freeze when recording, one mono track.
It lead me to this thread, and fsck -w -a on the card seems to make recording work as it did before, that is, correctly.

(
the card had likely been ā€œcorruptedā€ on a power loss while writing to it.
Here is the result of fsck:
fsck.fat 3.0.27 (2014-11-12)
0x41: Dirty bit is set. Fs was not properly unmounted and some data may be corrupt.
Automatically removing dirty bit.
Reclaimed 383 unused clusters (12550144 bytes) in 1 chain.
Performing changes.
)

2 Likes

Hi @odevices - still experiencing lockups hereā€¦

So far i have :

• Repaired memory card
  • Formatted memory card
  • Experimented on V0.2.27 / V.0.3.1 / V0.3.05

the timings of when the freezes happens seems to be a bit sporadic. 1 mono output seems to be most stable as i have been able to record over 5 minutes with no crash. 1 input can be stable anywhere between 30secs-3 minutes. 2x Ins or 2x outs can work from anything from 1sec / 3 minutes.

What do you think about swapping out the SD card to rule that element out?

hi @odevices, unfortunately itā€™s happening againā€¦
recording mono out ā€¦
this time doesnā€™t go above 2 sec
sd card has been repaired etcā€¦
thanks

update:
repaired the card again had bad clustersā€¦
now is working fine againā€¦for how long thoughā€¦

update 2:
after 2 mins 2 tracks crashā€¦

Iā€™ll be looking into this over the weekend. If you have another SD card available, it might help to try that out.

FYI: I havenā€™t touched the 6-track recorder code since v0.2 so there shouldnā€™t be any differences just because of v0.3 firmware.

1 Like

Gosh, this all sounds very frustrating, not a feature I use so hasnā€™t bothered me, but I hope it has an easy and quick solution - good luck!!

1 Like

thanks Brian, I am on 0.2xx still.

Cheers Kelā€¦:slight_smile:

1 Like

Great thanks - I will try and hunt down the card

swapped cards:
-sandisk hc1( found in the house):
3 good recordings
1 bad: card too slow message ( outbuffers)
no freeze!

Iā€™ll get a new fast one to check furtherā€¦

Good stuff, that positive! Ive got a new card on order, will post back with resultsā€¦

Postman just delivered the new card, happy to say that all is well and Iā€™m recording 6 tracks at once with no troubles at all! @swhic hope you get the same results :+1:

2 Likes

@PTH would you mind sharing the details of your new card please? Might be useful for others reading this with similar issues :slight_smile:

Sure thing - ended up getting a Sandisk UHS Class 3, its pretty fast!

1 Like

Cool - thanks @PTH

Sandisk have always been my preference - never had a failure!

ā€¦further tests with a different sd card
and everything looks smoothā€¦
thanks @odevices for the support.

2 Likes

I thought I had a recurrence of this problem. I havenā€™t seen anyone post on this in awhile, but just in case, wanted to share (one possible) solution.
Had just transferred a bunch of recordings off the ER-301; next time I tried to record the recorder froze. SD card said it had no space left, which was perplexing as Iā€™d moved all the recordings off of it.

Turns out the hidden .Trash/ folder on the SD card hadnā€™t been emptied, so while it looked (to me) as if the recordings folder was empty, there was still files on the card. Emptied the trash, card had space, recorder worked fine. No need to reformat.

3 Likes