Home | ER-101 | ER-102 | ER-301 | Wiki | Contact

6 track recorder

Hi Brian,

I kind of like the idea of the 6 track recorder; to have a separate "recording area. Perhaps the 6 track recorder could be made even better ?

I was wondering if it would be possible to add a few features to the 6 track recorder ? In situations when I am jamming with, let’s say, 4 sequenced channels on the Er-301, it would be great to be able to quickly record all channels at once in a precisely defined length, tempo in sync. And also record several passes as the jam progress, quickly saving them while jamming without having to define name of file /place of file all the time. Maybe a autoname feature, where you only have to name a file/place a file in the folder system at the first save.

Concretely I am thinking, if it would be possible to use the define recording length (time/beats), clock input features from the loopers or something similar?

I know something similar could be set up with loopers but it seem to fiddly IMO.

English is my 2nd language so forgive me if the ideas are not 100% clear.
Cheers !

2 Likes

There might already be similar feature requests. Could you please tell me what you are trying to do? Or how you would use this?

2 Likes

Sure thing, let me try to explain it: I would like to be able to do jams with 3-4 Er-301 tracks running - Whenever I reach a moment during the jam, when tracks sounds awesome, I would like to be able to quickly go to the recorder and record all tracks synced in tempo, at a defined loop length - for example 8 bars. Then quickly save the files to a defined folder location, and return to the jam again. Possibly repeat this process, so that in the end I have a folder with various loops, that does not need to be trimmed.

I think it would be awesome with a clock input, to be able to define recording length in bars, to be able to start a recording on perfect beat, and a function, that automatically stop the recording when the defined range of recorded bars are reached. And then after recording files get automatically saved to a defined folder location, you can return to your jam and continue.

As OS is now I record loops in DAW, edit loops in DAW, and import them back into the ER-301. It would be fantastic to be able to skip the DAW in order to keep a good creative flow while jamming on the ER-301.

I believe any audio buffer can be saved to file, so your desired workflow may already be possible using 3-4 looper units which share controls. The downside would be the need to individually save the buffers to file. This should work in conjunction with using the 6-track recorder for session recording. Someone correct me if I’m wrong!

In my opinion, it would work well with extended functions of the 6-track recorder as I tried to describe, but still keeping the 6 track recorder simple, quick and streamlined to record with - no matter how advanced the patch get.

Got to admit I still miss extended 6-track recorder functions as described above. Perhaps mostly “to be able to start/end a recording on perfect beat” :cowboy_hat_face: