A773 presets (.unit files)

I put some presets (.unit files) on GitHub
Download all presets as zip

To load, press “insert”, then press S3 again (“Presets”), browse to the file and press “enter” to load. Like that you don’t have to think about which unit was used to make the preset.

Synth building blocks
Voices
Drums
  • bd1 - Decent kick drum
  • bd2 - Better kick drum
Trigger/gate
Audio mangling
Effects
20 Likes

both look very useful, gonna try it soon and give feedback!

1 Like

i hope you don’t mind:
http://wiki.orthogonaldevices.com/index.php/ER-301/User_Contributed_Presets#Gated_Burst_.2F_Gate_to_Trigger

i’ll also add your screenshots here so that the wiki can reference and show them as pictures.

Gated Burst:
gated_burst
Gate to Trigger:
gate_to_trigger

I love that you’ve chosen to build them as “Following Generator” presets, i.e. that they take gates from the left of the custom unit! When i had to figure out in which (current) category of the wiki they would fit i placed a 4 band container in front of them that injects a stereo input (@ ins 1&2) from a drum computer into the er301. i was happy to learn that the audio input from the left was processed by your units. the resulting output was unsurprisingly mono (left) but audible! in an instant, weird ideas for further experiments came to my mind, which i didn’t try yet.

(however, it might not be obvious to all other users, that you would have to feed the intended gates from the left of the CU (in contrast to having them being patched in via a mixer unit within the CU): i’d recommend to add this information to the documentation on github…)

great presets! keep 'em coming!

1 Like

Thanks! I’m still unclear on a lot of the best practices, and even possibilities in the er-301…

2 Likes

Added a cheap (but decent) reverb (7.2% CPU), works on stereo channel, but only mono in, mono out.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxetV5FhZKT/

UPDATE:
The size control adds a bit weight (6x VCAs), CPU is 7.2%, might consider making several fixed size presets, to get back to a healthy 6.5%…

9 Likes

Added two mono to stereo units, a cheap and an expensive one…

5 Likes

Added tree envelopes:

• ad (AD envelope)
  • ad exp (AD envelope, exponential response)
  • ad exp var (AD envelope, variable exponential response)
3 Likes

great! driving the Ladder LPF this gives pretty believable approximation of an LPG, too. thanks!

1 Like

Glad you found it useful! If you use it in full exponential mode (exp=1), ad exp.unit (without control over exp) is a bit lighter on the CPU :slight_smile:

Added two variations of the “poor mans reverb” from @NeilParfitt (Getting Started with the ER-301 #26 - Reverb! - YouTube)

Demo of old, slightly broken version:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BvUDRwlF5Ic/

3 Likes

really curious how you patched the envelopes and if you have found a different solution for the slopes than the one i’m using, gonna check them morrow mornin’ :wink:

1 Like

Well I tried a million things, sometimes the simplest solution is the best…

1 Like

same method :slight_smile:
the reverb is less cheap than i thought! good job!!!

Do you mean the reverb sounds better than expected or uses more CPU than expected?

the first one! it is actually pretty useful!!!

1 Like

Added a stutter + cleaned up the structure

2 Likes

mate, the stutter unit is great! so simple yet so effective!
i have the 301 in my lunchbox right now, and i’m controlling stutter with a force sensing resistor to generate the gate and an offset to control multiplication. it’s so damn fun! will post some audio clip sooner or later!
great work!

3 Likes

Glad you found good use of it!

1 Like

Added stupidly simple + extremely cheap + musically unstable decay envelope…

2 Likes

tomorrow i’ll perform in public with the lunchbox for the first time (after some years of 12u 104hp), your stutter unit is on board! so fkin good!!!

1 Like