Home | ER-101 | ER-102 | ER-301 | Wiki | Contact

Accents v0.6.x

Accents is a packaged mod for the ER-301. It contains ~30 units. Accents units have all been upgraded to work with firmware 0.6.x. The units in this zip are no longer compatible with firmware < 0.6. Use the zip file in the other thread for firmware v0.5 stable.

To install Accents (and other packaged mods) on firmware 0.6.x:

1. Make sure you are running the required version of the firmware (currently 0.6.03+)
  2. Download the attached file Accents-0.6.0x.pkg
  3. Copy the .pkg file to your SD card into the folder /ER-301/packages
  4. Go to the admin area and select Package Manager
  5. You should see Accents as an available choice along with the core and teletype mods, which will most likely already be installed
  6. Highlight Accents and press the install button.

Accents-0.6.03.pkg (94.6 KB)
Requires Firmware v0.6.06+

CHANGELOG
2021-03-27 Accents v0.6.03
NEW: Points envelope generator unit
ENHANCED: Voltage Vault, new sum control. When engaged, unit output = unit input + stored value of currently selected index
ENHANCED: Maths new ops: INLV(A,B) interleave

2021-03-13 Accents v0.6.02
FIXED: Fixed Xo, Xoxo, Xoxoxo, Phaser units which I broke in 0.6.01
FIXED: Xfade crossfade parameter was a bit backward with 0 being full volume for b
ENHANCED: Voltage Vault - more storage slots (128 indices). More efficiency (~0.7% CPU usage)
ENHANCED: Maths unit rebuilt with a c++ implementation (~0.4% CPU). New ops: DIV, INV, MOD, TANH, ATAN

2021-03-08 Accents v0.6.01
NEW UNIT: Voltage Vault

2021-03-04 Accents v0.6.00
UPDATE: All units upgraded for compatibility with 0.6.x firmware
FIXED: XFade unit xfade subchain did not provide signal to control
JANITORIAL: Bespoke BPF renamed to Ladder BPF
JANITORIAL: XFade unit moved to Essentials
JANITORIAL: XXXXXX renamed to Phase Mod Matrix

@odevices - thanks for all the help!

30 Likes

You can now upload *.pkg files to the forum. Thanks for reminding me.

3 Likes

Since there is no real reason to delay it, I’ll go ahead and release v0.6.02.

7 Likes

Great @Joe:slight_smile: super fast​:slight_smile:

1 Like

@Joe : i wasn’t expecting accents to come out so fast! man, you are great!

i just installed fw 6.02 and Accents package, install of packages is super smooth and fast, @odevices you never cease to amaze us!

i want to confirm that i loaded a couple of the most complex and also accents-intensive presets i’ve done (especially Bengiolino Plus) and they work out of the box! no units missing, not a single flaw!!

4 Likes

Oh, wow! That’s great news :smile: .

I tested all of these units, but pretty nominally. In theory if they load they should work exactly the same, but it’s great to get this confirmation!

5 Likes

Thanks Joe :+1:

1 Like

Thanks @Joe!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Crazy fast on the update! Works great, no issues with presets. Thanks a lot @Joe

1 Like

There is much about the lower (c++) layer of the ER-301 that I don’t understand yet - let’s go with “most of it.” But I’m really excited to share my first success with you, thanks to an excellent tutorial and a good bit of question answering from @odevices!

The Accents v0.6.01 packaged mod contains a new unit with a c++ layer component! It’s called Voltage Vault. For those of you familiar with Accents, this is almost identical to the unit called Voltage Bank, with two main differences:

• It has 16 storage locations instead of 8.
  • It uses less than 1% CPU compared to Voltage Bank’s ~3% CPU

You can download Accents v0.6.01 from the top post in this thread.

Quick rundown:
Voltage Vault stores up to 16 voltages into indices. These voltages can be recalled by selecting the index the voltage was stored in. Like 16 sample & holds in one.

1. Put some kind of voltage source in front of Voltage Vault
  2. Choose an index (0-15). Trigger the store parameter to snag that voltage into that index.
  3. Repeat as desired for different indices. Each index will output the stored voltage
  4. bypass can be used to bypass the stored voltage and see/hear the voltage at the input. Most useful when storing voltages so you can see/hear what that impact that voltage has before storing it.

VoltageVaultScreenshot

Assuming this tests well for everyone I will probably deprecate the 3 Voltage Bank units in Accents v0.7.x.

16 Likes

Thank you for diving into this with your usual energy and enthusiasm Joe! :star_struck:

6 Likes

Work splendidly, Joe. Thanks for grabbing the bull 0.6 by the horns!

1 Like

everything works fine:) Thanks @Joe .
Just one question: is it possible to delete the installation packages? how the junk file is handled?

thanks again.

emiliano

1 Like

There is a delete option for uninstalled packages in the manager.

1 Like

Thanks Brian:)

wow! time to revisit my Mnemix custom units!!! they will really benefit from the cpu decrease!!! i used 8 of them iirc… thanks!!! great to see ya exploring new territories!!

1 Like

So I 'installed" the new accents which failed, due to having the old version already. Uninstalled the old one [ v0.6.00] and retried the v0.6.01 package install and it worked fine.

So you’ll always have to uninstall the old one before installing the new? It won’t just update or overwrite it…

And I guess it would be a good thing to use the manager to delete old packages/versions (re your reply to @avenir ) as good housekeeping going forward?

1 Like

I think my strategy will be to keep one prior version. A new version could always introduce new bugs and might have to roll back temporarily…

1 Like

2021-03-13 Accents v0.6.02 (requires firmware v0.6.03+)
See top post for download.

FIXED: Fixed Xo, Xoxo, Xoxoxo, Phaser units which I broke in 0.6.01
FIXED: Xfade crossfade parameter was a bit backward with 0 being full volume for b
ENHANCED: Voltage Vault - more storage slots (128 indices). More efficiency (~0.7% CPU usage)
ENHANCED: Maths unit rebuilt with a c++ implementation (~0.4% CPU). New ops: DIV, INV, MOD, TANH, ATAN

Voltage Vault
I think 128 is a good number of vaults/indices. That’s 8 measures of 16th notes, or enough to store translations for an 88-note keyboard. We could go higher. The way it is built now, I don’t think more indices will increase CPU, just RAM. But just a tiny bit of RAM. Let me know if you can think of a reason to go higher (or lower).

Maths
Consider the new ops experimental.
DIV = A / B - division. if B = 0, outputs a very large number (10k)
INV = 1 / A - inverse. if A = 0, outputs a very large number (10k)
MOD = A % B - modulus. if B = 0, outputs zero
TANH = TANH(A) - hyperbolic tangent
ATAN = ATAN(A) - arctangent

The B chain is ignored for INV, TANH, ATAN.

21 Likes

wowowowow!!!
modulus! tanh!!!
thanks Joe, gamechanger!

1 Like