Home | ER-101 | ER-102 | ER-301 | Wiki | Contact

Allow marking samples across different folders for loading

request

Currently, it seems that when “Enable Multi” is on while loading samples,
one can only choose to “mark” multiple samples within the same folder before
executing the actual Load operation. If you exit the current folder containing the samples
you’ve marked for loading, your marked samples become “unmarked”. It would be great if this marking
process could persist across multiple folders to allow easier selection of samples from more than one source folder before hitting Enter to do the Load.

It is not supporting cross folder selection at the moment because I deemed it too easy to lose track of what is and isn’t selected. If I can come up with a solution for that then I might go for it.

Folder structure in loaded sample pool

I don’t actually think there’s as much potential for confusion as you think here.
If someone’s choosing samples across multiple folders, chances are they are auditioning them first and responding viscerally, e.g. they really do want those particular samples to be loaded. So I think it’s likely that not supporting cross-folder marking is a bit of a solution in search of a problem. Also, it’s not the end of the world if one changes one’s mind about loaded sample choices - they can always be replaced :slight_smile: I mention this because I bump up against this issue most times I’m loading samples in the 301, rather than just occasionally.