Are the screens on the Er-301 bright enough for outdoor use?

I realize it will probably not be perfect but with a battery pack, are the screens bright enough to be used on a nice sunny day in the park?

2 Likes

this is a great question. I would like to know as well. My setup is unable to be moved at the moment or else I would test it. And I don’t live in an area where outdoor modular on the spot events are thrown.

Pretty sure someone will have an answer for you soon. Meantime i’ll Take mine out tomorrow, providing it’s not raining and test for you :sun_with_face: welcome to the forum

1 Like

I play with mine outside a good bit on battery power. stay in the shade… best I can tell you.

1 Like

Thanks and thanks!

Your line power and battery power should be no different from each other with providing the proper +/-12 voltages for eurorack… as well as specced higher than your system’s ma needs.

If they’re not, you’re putting your modules at great risk.

Your line power and battery power should be no different from each other with providing the proper +/-12 voltages for eurorack… as well as specced higher than your system’s ma needs.

Yes of course. I was not worried with batteries affecting the screens, I was only asking how it is to read outside in the sun :slight_smile:

The sun was bright yesterday and test results confirm what @Flux302 posted. Even with polarised sunglasses it’s impossible to see any screen information, unless, you have some shade :sunglasses:

Hehe I guess we need to get an eurorack version of this!

2 Likes