Home | ER-101 | ER-102 | ER-301 | Wiki | Contact

Are the screens on the Er-301 bright enough for outdoor use?

I realize it will probably not be perfect but with a battery pack, are the screens bright enough to be used on a nice sunny day in the park?

2 Likes

this is a great question. I would like to know as well. My setup is unable to be moved at the moment or else I would test it. And I don’t live in an area where outdoor modular on the spot events are thrown.

0 Likes

Pretty sure someone will have an answer for you soon. Meantime i’ll Take mine out tomorrow, providing it’s not raining and test for you :sun_with_face: welcome to the forum

1 Like

I play with mine outside a good bit on battery power. stay in the shade… best I can tell you.

1 Like

Thanks and thanks!

0 Likes

Your line power and battery power should be no different from each other with providing the proper +/-12 voltages for eurorack… as well as specced higher than your system’s ma needs.

If they’re not, you’re putting your modules at great risk.

0 Likes

Your line power and battery power should be no different from each other with providing the proper +/-12 voltages for eurorack… as well as specced higher than your system’s ma needs.

Yes of course. I was not worried with batteries affecting the screens, I was only asking how it is to read outside in the sun :slight_smile:

0 Likes

The sun was bright yesterday and test results confirm what @Flux302 posted. Even with polarised sunglasses it’s impossible to see any screen information, unless, you have some shade :sunglasses:

0 Likes

Hehe I guess we need to get an eurorack version of this!

2 Likes