Baron Cimitière - digidrums custom unit

i’m reworking the phase mod side on max/msp version now because it still gives me problems in setting the ratio correctly (both normal and random mode).
damn, max is uber cool but sometimes it makes you wanna bash your head on the monitor!!!
superCollider is so much more predictable!!! but i still cannot do something like the Baron on sC :frowning:
time to study more and more and more!!!

Yeah, I think that makes sense. I’ll have another look. I was initially thinking about making the TT/grid ops controller a little different to try out some ideas. But the more I think about it, maybe I’ll try to keep them the same for consistency of experience - at least where possible. Could always make an alt version later.

2 Likes

i love this kind of collaborative work! the idea that you are working on something that can extend the use of a thing i’ve done and empower it is soo good :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi
Where is the v0.3? Im sorry but I could not find it.
Thank you
a

what do you mean with v0.3? a version compatible with 0.3 firmware?
in that case i’m sorry, the Baron is 0.4.xx only

Aha my bad! Thanks
a

1 Like

github repo cleaned up and updated.
images updated here and on repo.

max version is 0.5.0 now, phase modulation works properly now (at least that’s what it seems :D)
added two libraries of presets too.

Sorry for the dummy question, but where should this unit be installed on the 301? Might be helpful to add a note about where to put it on the git’s README :slight_smile:

thanks for the suggestion, i will update it.
the baron is a Custom Unit, hence you will place the file into the
/0.4/presets/custom-unit/
folder

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this ! What is the newest version of the er-301 version on github ? It is not labelled…Is it the same one as in first post here (version 0.4.06) ? or is the github one newer ?

its the same one for now :slight_smile:

Thank you so much! I’m completly new to the beautiful ER 301, and I’m loving this forum already!!

Will take your custom unit for a spin now!

1 Like

Thank you Gregorio. It is not perfect but you can have fun with it!

It’s super coool!! Sounds like my Akemi Taiko meets plonk, the only thing I found difficult to work around is the rim like sound that’s there every hit, but I pitched down one of the settings and it got lost, I also added a grain delay after that and picthed that down too,

You sir have created a super cool drum synthesiser !! Paired with my voltage block, the sky is the limit!

Thanks again

Wow!an honour and a pleasure :slight_smile:

perhaps the rim sound you are referring to is due to the pitch envelope. that is a common technique for creating various percussion sounds, especially bass drum.

one tip: usually i use this rule, if i want a long pitch decay i use a low amount of pitch envelope. if i want a shorter pitch decay, i use an higher amount of pitch envelope. if you more or less follow this basic rule you tend to avoid those “zip!” laser sounds that i personally tend to dislike :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Would love to try this with the latest version of the firmware, but I get the message “failed to read preset file”. Any chance of updating it for the new firmware? :slight_smile:

hello Daisuk, very strange, i used it with 04.24 for sure with no issues, i’m far from my rig right now but will soon test it with 04.25.
meanwhile please check that you are up to date with the latest version on github :slight_smile:

thanks. :slight_smile: yeah, I have the latest one downloaded, but I keep getting the “failed to load preset” message. Does it need to be in a specific folder on the SD card? I’ve gotten most other presets I’ve downloaded from here to work just fine (I have folders on the SD card sorted after who made them, so this one is in “hyena” under presets, as well as few other of your presets). :slight_smile:

awesome work @hyena :raised_hands:

1 Like