Broken Mode switch on the ER-101 as well as the ER-102

Hello Brian,

my boys were playing with our football while the Doepfer-case with the ER-101 and the ER-102 mounted side by side was sitting on top of another case, ehr - on the floor. Today I found out that the ball must have hit exactly the area where the two Mode switches meet (bottom right and respectively bottom left of each module).

The two switch levers came of with the small spring inside of them dangling.
I do not opt for gluing them in, since it wouldn’t work anyway))).

So my question is how to proceed. I guess I could source those switches myself as well as replace them, as long as I know how to go forward. Would it be sufficient to remove the faceplate to solder/replace the switches?
Or does this involve de-soldering a lot of stuff beforehand. In the latter case I’d absolutely would prefer to let you do the repair. I guess if one is stupid enough to play football with his modular set up as a goalkeeper, he must have enough money left to make good for it.

Cheers
Boris

You will only need to desolder the broken switch (through-hole) and solder in the new one.

I’ve added part numbers for the toggle switches to the docs.

Makes me happy to be lucky. On closer inspection now I assume that I need to remove the faceplate and the outer PCB to reach the soldering points of the switch safely and easily. Should be feasible for me)))

I am sourcing parts and tools right now.

Thanks a lot!

Cheers
Boris

That is basically correct.

ER-101 stackup:

• panel
  • display PCB
  • main PCB

On the ER-101 you will remove the 3 nuts on the back, all of the jack nuts and the knobs on the front. Then you can separate the main PCB from the display PCB. You can leave the display PCB and panel connected.

ER-102 stackup

• panel
  • display PCB
  • ui PCB
  • main PCB

On the ER-102, you will need to remove the 1 nut on the back and all of the jack nuts on the front. Next separate the main PCB from the ui PCB. Then separate the ui PCB from the panel to access the toggle switches. The display PCB can stay attached to the ui PCB.

Perfectly clear now, thank you!