Bump scanner width parameter confusion

I’m using a bunch of bump scanner units to generate triggers at specific moments (see https://forum.orthogonaldevices.com/t/8-step-trig-sequencer-unit) but the “gate” that the unit produces is too long to be usable for multiple consecutive triggers (the gate end overlaps with the next trig start point). I thought lowering the “width” parameter to a very small number should somehow result in a short spike when the condition is met in the source signal, but apparently that is not how it works. So I’m confused about the width parameter. Would it make sense to have an option in the Bump scanner unit to generate a trigger instead of the gate (if that’s what it is) signal? I know I can place a sample player unit with a CV sample or an ADSR to generate the trigger, but due to repetitions in the patch that results in high CPU usages.

Remember, you are scanning a bump function with the source signal and therefore its output depends heavily on the nature of the source signal.

For example, the final “width” of your Bump Scanner’s output will depend on both the width parameter and how fast the source signal is scanning (i.e. ramping up or down). Since your source signal comes from a counter which outputs a staircase, the width parameter will look like it has no effect because a staircase does not move except in discrete steps. In other words, if the source signal is not changing then the output of the Bump Scanner will not be changing.