Can no longer load custom chain unit in newer firmware (from v0.4.01)

Hello everyone, I created a synth saved as a .chain file in firmware v0.4.01, but I can’t open it in any later firmware. In v0.4.01, I can just load the .chain into the the main screen (OUT1, for example) and it loads properly, with the message “chain preset loaded”.

In any later firmware, the behavior is exactly like what was described in this thread (Loading custom units), but it’s not a custom unit preset, so loading it that way doesn’t work, either.

Any ideas?
Thanks.

May I have a look at your chain preset please?

Sure, that would be great, thank you. I zipped the folder with several different versions, none of which would open in anything other than 0.4.01.

There are some top level custom controls that haven’t been able to link to things deeper in the chain, so if you have any advice on that, too, I’d greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

SH-101.zip (13.1 KB)

Brian, I just wanted to bump this in case I didn’t tag you properly when I uploaded the unit before. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Unfortunately, I think I have to throw in the towel on this one. Between v0.4.01 and v0.4.11, there were too many preset-breaking changes, hence the reason for calling it unstable.

I completely understand.
Thanks for all your amazing work and the help you provide.

Cheers.

1 Like