Home | ER-101 | ER-102 | ER-301 | Wiki | Contact

Chopp - audio chopper custom effect

welcome to
chopp
an audio chopper custom unit, place it after your external inputs or sound source, assign a clock and then set your chop division with mult and div parameters then set the length of the active chops with the pw slider. enjoy some chop chop stuttery effect!

controls:

• clock: here you assign the clock used to control chopp or fire it manually
  • div: here you set a division of the clock in integers
  • mult: here you set a multiplication of the clock in integers
  • pw: here you set the pulse width of the active audible chops
    cpu: about 3%
    firmware: 0.4.23
    requires: Accents

chopp.unit (11.1 KB)

13 Likes

Cool beans hyena!

Anyway to make a dedicated fire button? That way you can punch in and out of chopp mode while always maintaining the clock sync?

1 Like

hmmm nice idea! but how you’d implement that? elaborate :slight_smile:

just to add some context:
this unit uses a track and hold unit, the same can be done(maybe more easily) with a simple vca and a pulse wave but this came out of a topic in which i was explaining how to use s&h and t&h to decimate audio…

You could insert a mixer, with vcas for both dry and wet signal (I guess you’d need a mixer for each inside your mixer?). send a gate that opens wet vca and invert it for dry vca. I did something similar to this in the past but I cannot remember exactly what I did, it was along those lines though. So in this case, the effect would always be on, but you would only hear it when sending a gate. This does however require an external signal and not just a fire button included in the unit on the 301.

1 Like