Copy pattern through snapshot

Hi! I’m trying to copy a pattern, a step or a track from a snapshot to another one but It seems possible only if the destination snapshot is empty, is there a way to do it also if destination snapshot have already patterns in it? Am I missing something?

This worked for me:

1. Put the desired pattern on the clipboard (focus PATTERN and press COPY).
  2. Load the destination snapshot.
  3. Paste the pattern in the desired place (focus PATTERN and press INSERT).
  4. Save the modified snapshot.
2 Likes

that’s strange, if I try to do that when I press insert a new pattern is created but there are no step in it.
here is a video:
https://streamable.com/4erjs

https://streamable.com/4erjs

Oops!

It works on the standalone ER-101 but seems to fail on the ER-101/102. I’ll have this fixed in the next release v2.22 shortly.

3 Likes

Thanks Brian!!
I don’t know if I have to open a new thread to discuss about it, but it would be really nice also introduce the ability to choose the sequencing direction (forward, reverse, pendulum, random) in the track option menu of every channel…

Even weirder: I have ER-101/102, tried it about 10 times: 1 x success, 9 x fail – and I can’t replicate the one time it worked. Anyway, looking forward to v2.22!

BTW: Will 2.22 entirely focus on bug fixing – or is this the right time to send a wish list to Santa Claus? :wink:

yes, same here. Also, if the destination snapshot is empty the probability of success increase.

Sorry. It will be a maintenance release only. The ER-301 has to take priority here. :bowing_man:

Hey.
I’m on FW 2.24 and still having troubles copying data between snapshots.
Was this bug solved and somehow managed to resurrect from the dead? :thinking:

Hey,
is there an answer to that question? It would be nice, if this would be possible…!

unforunately there seems to be no solution for this…
is there a software, where I can copy pattern to an other snapshot via the computer?
Can I open .bin somehow and work with the data?

arrigatou

Sorry for the late reply. This works as far as I know. What did you try?

Thank you for your message.
Unfortunately it does not work for me. I do as described:

Put the desired pattern on the clipboard (focus PATTERN and press COPY).
Load the destination snapshot.
Paste the pattern in the desired place (focus PATTERN and press INSERT).
Save the modified snapshot.

but “Insert” just creates an empty pattern.

I have the both 101 and 102 and they have the latest OS 2.09 and 2.24

1 Like

Hi Brian,

could you please tell me, if copying pattern through snapshots works reliably with the ER101/102 combo or if I am doing something wrong? The information would really help me with my current work.

Thank you!

I’m still investigating. I got it to fail like you said once but then I can’t get it to fail again. So something is definitely weird.

somehow it always fails here. I couldn´t make it work once…?

Copying and inserting a pattern in the same track in the same snapshot is possible,
Copying a pattern from one track and trying to insert in another track in the same snapshot does not work (never)! It just inserts a step, even I focused pattern…???
Is there something wrong with my modules?

No, nothing wrong with your module. There is definitely something weird going on with copy/pasting between snapshots. I will have it fixed in the next ER-102 firmware.

Added to the issue tracker.

2 Likes

any progress on this issue?
Found out that sometimes the pattern copy just inserts empty pattern and sometimes it copies some other pattern from the snapshot I want to copy to.

Not yet. I don’t have an ETA either but I do plan on getting to it sometime this year :sweat_smile: First, I need to move all of the ER-101/102 development over to Linux. I abandoned Windows last year.

4 Likes