Hi all, here with another custom unit. Bokeh - 4-Step Melody Generator/Sequencer.
It is a 4-step melodic sequencer that advances when it receives a gate/trigger/pulse instead of advancing at the whim of an oscillator wave or steady tap tempo. Cool random generator built in that matches what you can do with a turing machine
This one took some time to figure out. This unit owes a lot to @Joe for his sequential switch patch and to @odevices for his Count custom unit that was made to advance slices on the sample player upon receiving a gate.
As far as I know, this will only work on firmware 0.3.05 48k. It will definitely only work on 48k. It takes about 15%-16% in a mono chain.
Clock - send a gate/trigger/clock here to advance steps
Reset - resets to sequencer to the first step
Freeze - freezes the sequencer on the current step…any gate/trigger/clock will repeat the frozen step/note
Transpose - transposes whole sequence
Step 1-4 - sets the note for each step
Random - toggle on to allow random seeding per step…toggling off will disable all random parameters and the unit will revert back to the notes chosen on the steps
Hold - toggling on will hold the random notes so you can loop any random melody you like
Rnd 1-4 - sets the amount of random per step. at 0, no random will happen for that step…useful if you only want to randomize certain steps
No Touch - DO NOT TOUCH This will be removed in a future version
- Works amazing with the Scale Quantizer unit after it. Instant new melodies for days
- If you want to use the same gate you are running the sequencer with elsewhere in the system (like triggering an ASDR), I would recommend a little gate delay anywhere else you put that gate
- Sometimes a step will repeat…not often, but sometimes…still trying to figure that one out, it’s happening in the No Touch section if you want to take a look
- Alternate step amounts, controllable step amounts
- Change sequencer direction
- Record sequence
- Random rhythm generator
Bokeh 0.3.05.2.lua (112.4 KB)