Custom Unit: rFM Machine

I know this was made for earlier firmware but is anyone getting their cpu majorly maxed out by this on the newest firmware?

Thanks for sharing ! How can i change trigger inputs ? I would like to use gate 1,2,3

Thanks a lot for your help

1 Like

For example, changing the trig input for the ‘kick’ which in this specific case is called ‘Low’… once you’ve loaded the preset, scroll to the right and click on open.

Low is the first unit and so, if you highlight the eg1 and click you will now find your input sub-chain and if you click on A1 you can then select a different input control.

1 Like

Thanks a lot !

same here - thought it was just me

Oh that’s a bugger. I’ll try the new firmware soon and see if it’s the same for me. Seems like @nocables had the same issue though.

Not sure how this would be fixed as far as the instrument’s design. The new firmware must be chewing up more CPU somewhere. Hmmm.

Thanks for replying. Beat me to it. :slight_smile:

A pleasure mate! Love hearing this thing out in the wild. :+1::+1:

1 Like

@boomblip, @nocables
I couldn’t reproduce this BTW. This is what I get:

v0.5.03, 48kHz, normal latency
mono chain: 28%
stereo chain: 34%

1 Like

just wanted to day its working fine even on a heavy session. It was crashing on load
'I LOOOOVe it - very cool. thank you so much! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah awesome! That for letting us all know.

So good you’re loving it too! Be sure to post some sounds up if you record something out. :+1:

Anyone loaded these up on v6? If not, that’s a weekend job for me…

2 Likes

Hey mate. No I haven’t yet as I’m still running v5. I’ve got a series of gigs and rehearsals to get through using the ER-301 before I brave the update. Let me know how you go. Hopefully all is well but if not, I’ll be sure to revisit them when time permits.

@rdomain @ether hope you don’t mind - i opened this in v0.6, saved it as v0.6 and made the package - author = rdomain. I didn’t change anything and it works fine from my side. Heres the v0.6. If someone else can check this - please do. CPU load is 32%

rFM Machine.pkg (5.0 KB)

4 Likes

All good man - it’s your creation! I’ll give it a wang over the weekend.

1 Like

Sure thing. Not a problem! So hanging to give the new os a run.

1 Like

v6 version via @mudlogger works well for me too :+1:

As mentioned above, separate units for kick,snare,hats also would be cool. If (here I go again) I spend less time making music and put some dev time in myself I could probably do that.

2 Likes

I started creating separate units a while ago but didn’t get round to separating them all. It’s on the list. :+1: