Home | ER-101 | ER-102 | ER-301 | Wiki | Contact

Custom Unit - Shatttr: Multi-particle percussion generator (like WMD Fracture)

custom-unit

WMD Fracture style unit for generating shattering and crackling sounds using a sample

Shatttr

Controls:
Tune
Trig
Density
Decay
Width
R Size (reverb size)
R Mix (reverb mix)

Loading:
Create a stereo chain
Load Shatttr into a Custom container
Open the unit
Open the Mixer
Load “Fracture Hit1.wav” (or any wav of your choosing) into the Varispeed Player
Send a trigger to A1

Shatttr.zip (5.8 KB)

22 Likes

Alex Roldan creating some nice textures with Shatttr:

11 Likes

Jamie Lidell deconstructs my Shatttr unit in the latest Nitty Gritty segment of his Hanging Out With Audiophiles podcast:

15 Likes

Nice - congratulations - good review :slight_smile:

1 Like

I could listen to him all day. Too bad it is a way too entertaining to listen to while coding. :laughing:

4 Likes

Definitely one of my favorite podcasts

0 Likes

Amazing! I LOVE this pod so much. Had no idea he was a 301 user! Jamie are you somewhere on this forum?? :eyes:

Also very excited to load this unit up! Have always been curious about the Fracture.

1 Like

Hey !

Thanks for all the kind words everyone.
Love making the show and yes I’m a 301 user now! Very much a beginner but it’s a treat being away from a computer to treat sound i must say.

Thanks to Scott I’m learning via reverse engineering! Good to meet you all

Jamie !

17 Likes

Hey Jamie,

welcome to the forum! I’ve been following your podcasts for some time now: great stuff!

I really liked your exploration of a unit/patch in this form (including you imitating some of the sounds with your voice). This helps to leave the tutorial mindset behind and listen more focused to what actually happens with the sounds. Hope to hear more of that in future!

0 Likes

Really digging Shattr and the Hanging out with Audiophiles podcast, thanks for sharing!

1 Like

very funny and clever walkthrough of Shatttr and of the Velvet Noise concept! i did not know your podcast @muddlin but i’ll surely follow it from now on!

0 Likes

this unit looks dope, also wasn’t aware of the podcast but am a long time fan of jamies music so dope all around :slight_smile:

1 Like