Custom Unit - Trash Echo - Broken Tape Echo Effect

I’ve updated Trash Echo for firmware v0.4.10.
Now you can get up to 30 seconds of delay and the delays degrade over time (Frippertrash!)

Controls:
Delay
Feedbk
W&F (wow & flutter)
Hi Cut
Hiss
Wet

Trash Echo .4.10.unit (41.3 KB)

22 Likes

An epic way to end the warbly year! Big thanks for the soup recipe Mr.Campbell

3 Likes

Amazing! It’s this one mono only or also usable in stereo?

1 Like

Its mono, though it could probably be set up for stereo with some tweaking

2 Likes

Just been playing with this and its sounding fantastic!!! thank you for the update.
I had a go making it stereo but its not making any sense :grimacing:
When I go to ‘the wow flutter age’ input the left has Feedback (left) but when I go to setup the right input it takes me to feeback in scope mode and I select it but its also says Feedback (left) and I cant select the right channel, maybe there isn’t a right channel being created?
What can i do to tweak this into stereo?
Cheers and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

1 Like

Thanks! that sorted it out.

I had a go at making a stereo version and a stereo clocked delay version.

Trash Echo LR.unit (51.6 KB)
Trash Echo Clockd.unit (54.2 KB)

Hope you don’t mind and I did it justice @scttcmpbll
Feel free to rename and tweak.

8 Likes

Don’t mind at all! I’ll give em a spin tomorrow

2 Likes

Awesome!
I did have some trouble with a few controls breaking when linking channels for stereo but I spent time comparing the mono version to the stereo and making sure they were the same. Let me know if I stuffed anything up.

1 Like

This is a really nice delay. having fun with it. one thing I would consider changing about the unit is to set the input to a global spot. this way if you decide to send audio from a local source, it won’t break the unit. As it stands, If I change the audio input from input 1 to say a local sampler or synth I have created, I have to change multiple places where input 1 is used in the unit. this can be solved by setting a top level input right? gonna try and do that now.

2 Likes

Wishing i could help with this… not made much headway in the lua book😑

hi, first post here, got an ER-301 second hand a few days ago and was also wondering how to use this with the sample players… did you have success changing the assignments, or where are these actually visible?

Updated Trash Echo so that you don’t have to use input 1 or specify another input. Just put it after whatever you want to effect (input, sample player, etc). Let me know if anything’s weird.
CC: @Flux302, @doomglue

Trash Echo .4.10 B.unit (42.6 KB)

9 Likes

Oh awesome! Is it stereo?

No, still mono

I will try to test it tomorrow. I’ve been building my own as well hope to have it done by end of the week

No worries! I’ll have another go at making a Stereo version.

3 Likes

wow. thanks, will try it out tonight

works like a charm, thanks so much

1 Like

I’m really excited to try this - but I don’t seem to be able to get it to work. I’m 100% sure this is user error!

I downloaded the UNIT above and copied it to my ER-301 SD card. After that I inserted the preset into a chain after a mixer. There is sound going into the mixer and what looks like sound going out of the UNIT but I don’t hear any delay effect?

Is there a step that Im missing?