Home | ER-101 | ER-102 | ER-301 | Wiki | Contact

Custom Unit - Ultraviolet Granular (Clouds "Clone") NEW VERSION ON POST 94

custom-unit

Couldn’t this be done easily at your ER-301? Just load UV, change adjustment type, save unit again.

@rbeny Running Ultraviolet following a Sample Player on V0.3.05 48kHz with a 20 second sample I’m getting pops and clicks similar to what I was experiencing with it in chain with Bokeh last night.

I have Wet/Dry set to 5.0 and Gain to -22dB

May seem trivial but I hadn’t considered saving over a Custom Unit for fear of breaking it, but then come to think about I just have to reinstall it should I indeed break it. Thanks for helping get over that hump.

The next time you update Ultraviolet could you save the unit so the Encoder defaults to Course adjustments instead of Fine?

Ooh yeah, I’ll make that the default. Didn’t even realize Custom Units saved Encoder range.

Running Ultraviolet following a Sample Player on V0.3.05 48kHz with a 20 second sample I’m getting pops and clicks similar to what I was experiencing with it in chain with Bokeh last night.

I have Wet/Dry set to 5.0 and Gain to -22dB

Hmm. That could be pushing the CPU over again? Can you play that sample from the Card Player and let me know if it’s doing the same.

Forgot to tell you that with this setup I was at 38% CPU load.

Oh…that’s not right then. Did you reload the custom unit after hitting a high CPU load earlier?

No, will try that in about 15 minutes

I absolutely get the fear of breaking something… Some of these units are so advanced I am worried about things like this, too :slight_smile:

First I tried rebooting the ER-301 then I powered it down and back up, still the clicking persists…but:

I think I found the problem (or a problem) the clicking seems to be introduced when changing the Pitch. Change the Pitch to +850 cents and the clicking will be pronounced, set it back to 0 and it will clear.

Can confirm that resetting Ultraviolet pitch to 0 eliminates clicks here as well!

Edit: engaging reverse reintroduces clicking with no change to CPU usage as well.

Yup, both pitch change and reverse will introduce clicks because the play head of the granular sampler will keep overlapping the record head of the looper. Has been an issue with sharing the a looper buffer that’s recording with any type of sampler that messes with the speed :frowning:

If you freeze the buffer you’ll notice the clicks go away as well. Maybe a longer buffer is needed to reduce the clicks. I’ve had some luck with different filter settings that filter out the clicks…though that was more by accident.

Might be able implement the grain stretch unit for pitching and reverse, but I haven’t tested it with a shared looper buffer yet.

Custom Unit: Trash Tape - Realtime Crappy Cassette effect

How do you acheive this?
Did you modify the lua code or is it some special setting available in the latest fw?

Nothing special, essentially realized I didn’t need to put the input signal within a mixer with the custom unit. I use a Sample Looper to capture the input audio and can use Sample Players to put that audio anywhere within the custom unit. The effect goes into a mixer so you can hear the dry and wet signal at the same time if you want.

Send/Return

has anyone tried with v0.3.17?, failed to load the sample player and variable delay…

Currently broken. Will put up a fixed/new version soon

it works perfect with v0.3.18 !

Ah that’s great to hear! I hadn’t had the time to see what was going on yet (the switch from dub to feedback on the looper was one of the main things)

Then bringing back the original looper as Dub Looper maybe fixed things?

I updated to 0.3.18 and I can’t get it to work. If I’m the only one I’ll assume it’s user error, although I have no idea what I might have done wrong…

Please describe what you did and what happened.