Home | ER-101 | ER-102 | ER-301 | Wiki | Contact

CV-A from TRACK 1 not working

support

Hi there,
CV-A from my ER-101 of track 1 is not outputting voltage anymore, this is really stressful for me since I am in the middle of a tour. Does anyone had this experience? I upgraded the software again to the latest firmware but that didn’t help. All the other CV’s from the other tracks and CV B and gate from track 1 are still working…
(ಥ﹏ಥ)

0 Likes

Is this a standalone ER-101?

Also, I have to ask but you checked your patch cables?

0 Likes

It is an ER-101 with ER-102 attached.

I checked my patch cables, yes.

0 Likes

Hi @odevices, do you have any idea yet what could be wrong? Its quiet urgent.
I also tested it with the er-102 unattached, also the same problem occurred.

0 Likes

I’m pretty sure it is a hardware problem. I’m guessing that either a solder joint cracked, or, an op-amp was damaged. To check the first possibility:

• visually inspect the yellow solder points for the jack.
  • visually inspect along the red trace from the jack tip to the DAC.
  • press firmly on the DAC (indicated in green) with your finger while the ER-101 is turned on and playing a sequence. Check if cv-a starts working (even intermittently) while you press.

On the other hand, if an op-amp is blown then the DAC will need replacing.

0 Likes

Hi Brian,
I had a temporary solution for the shows without the er-101 but I would need it before the end of February for another round of the tour. I tried your suggestions but this didn’t help for now:
* visually inspect the yellow solder points for the jack.
Looks normal to me
* visually inspect along the red trace from the jack tip to the DAC.
Is not damaged
* press firmly on the DAC (indicated in green) with your finger while the ER-101 is turned on and playing a sequence. Check if cv-a starts working (even intermittently) while you press.
I tried this several times just now, but it did not play any sequence from CV A.

Any other things I could try? Here a picture of my er-101

0 Likes

Hi Brian,

Any suggestions for my problem?

0 Likes

If you have a voltmeter, could you test the continuity between the tip of a cable plugged in to track 1 cv-a and the lower of the 3 solder points (in the yellow box)? Perhaps the jack is no longer providing a connection to your cable plug? If this is the case, then the jack would probably need replacing.

Other than that I am out of ideas unfortunately. It is likely that the DAC needs to be replaced. If you can find a technician near you I can give him/her the necessary information. Otherwise, you can send it to me.

0 Likes

Looks like the dac is blown, we will investigate tomorrow again. Do you have the er-101 in stock at the moment? i think it would be faster to trade for a new one then send, repair and send back?

0 Likes

The lead time is 6 weeks at the moment.

0 Likes

Hi brian,
Can you send me the flow schematic or more info to facilitate the debugging? i found someone that wants to take a look at it.
best,

0 Likes

I believe it would be more efficient if you put your technician in direct contact with me.

0 Likes

sure, what is your email? i will send his adress to you.

0 Likes

PM’ed.

0 Likes