Once upon a time there was a Synth Voices Thread. At the time it came of age it changed its name to Discussion about a Synth Voices discussion. Inspired by the great energy and ideas he had he began to build a wiki page called ER-301/User Contributed Unit Presets.
Actually it was the voices in its imagination that drove it to collect creatures that, back then, were called “custom units”. Some of them were regular Synth Voices. Some of them were different. And then it thought by itself: Why should i restrain myself from collecting other creatures, too? For it was the wast diversity of creations that it found remarkable. So he also added those different creatures to its wiki page. … and they lived happily ever after, and so on…
that endeavor leads us to many many questions. This thread will begin with the one million dollar question about the EXTENT of that wiki page.
Here is an incomplete list of some of the possibilities of how we could define that wiki page:
and in order to have something more to chew on, let me add even more complexity:
- what about preset collections?
- what about the difference between creatures that involve samples vs. sample-free creatures? @iiii and i would like to see that demarcation reflected in a way. alternative naming/categories?
- are tags/filters possible on that page?
- meaning of the field ‘firmware’: ‘made for’ or ‘works with’?
- do you miss the field ‘requirements’?
- do you like to see an educational field for historical and informative links about underlying principles and role models?
And here are some (cherrypicked out of context) voices from the parent discussion: