Drawing Unit

Hi, i’ll try to example with my bad english (sorry about it) what i would like to do with.

actualy when you assigne a fader to a CV input, the signal is straight. i mean when you up or down the fader, the CV input is linear.

But, it would be amazing if this fader (or cv input) can read a drawing wave form. The fader (or CV IN) would be the reading head of the draw. and by this way, you could create a sort of sequences with only one fader, or adsr, or LFO.

It would be very helpfull with slice, or huge crossfade modulation with unlimited sound for examples.

i hope it’s a bit clear :frowning:
sorry if it’s not !

ps : i know you asked to not do that brian, but to be more easier to understand : think about MI FRAMES, or NI MASSIVE sequencer… it’s not the same thing but i can be the same way of use.

1 Like

Just for the sake of discussion – you can do things like this on a Shapeshifter.

In regular use, there’s an internal sawtooth wave that scans a single cycle wavetable over and over, but you can actually modulate this sawtooth, thus making the ‘reading head’ scan the wavetable in various ways.

Pretty cool, even though I can’t remember if it creates cool audio :slight_smile:

This is exactly what i have in my head (sorry for the wrong side of the pic…)

1 Like

I would call this a Lookup Table (LUT) and it is already planned. :smile_cat:

You can already sort of do this by using the Sample Player as a CV source. Arrange to have it repeatedly triggered (via internal oscillator) and use the shift parameter to “scan” through the sampled CV waveform.

4 Likes

Such beauty in those words.

2 Likes

No way !!! Hahaha yes ! I can’t wait for this now :slight_smile:
My example with crossfading :

I thought about the sampler, but it’s too hard to edit :slight_smile:

this is how the voltage block sequencer works.

It does. But if you don’t stick to simple wave forms, it can get pretty complex (noisy) in a hurry. I’ll be excited to see how the Lookup Table gets implemented on the ER-301. That sounds like next level control over this sort of thing. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

do you have any update on it please ? do you already try something ? :slight_smile:

Not yet. Hopefully during v0.3.x!

2 Likes

cool :wink: i hope too ! thank you !