Dreams for V0.3

Wow the mid level sounds exciting if it has as many objects as any of the environments I mentioned you’ll get even partially computer literate people like myself making some fun units :slight_smile:

1 Like

Destructive audio editing!! Woo!!

I’m late to to the party, and have been off in my own neck of the woods for the last few months, but wanted to chime in here with I’m with Mudlogger on the windowed looping mode. This is my very specific wishlist item.

Here’s an example (from 1997-ish) of using bidirectional looping with with a length and start-point modulation. (It’s just a little gothy! :sunglasses:)
Unbelievers by Dies Irae

Mode described in the first paragraph of this message board post…
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Ensoniq-ASR10-EPS16/conversations/messages/6989

I think I remember Brian saying that automatic transient slice selection will be available in a future update? If so would this be a command you execute once you have a file in the sample player buffer or could it be possible for this to happen in real time? An example would be if you were sharing a buffer between the looper and the sample player using the looper to “record” the incoming audio to the buffer and the sample player to play it back. If you could enable an “live auto slice” mode on the sample player to automatically detect transients on the audio being recorded into the buffer I could imagine this being a really interesting effect sending CV into the 301 to control slice selections! :thinking:

The more I think about this I think the upcoming crossfade feature will be massive. Fading from one complex chain though into another could increase the urgency for a more powerful processor IMO.

1 Like

Indeed… you know that you can patch up a cross fade with existing units? There’s a reasonable example in this patch:

Thanks for the tip will check it out for sure :slight_smile:

Give me a shout if you can’t work it out - happy to go through it with you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cheers man would appreciate that.

Auto-slice is now my #1 wish !!

11 Likes

This. It’s just two days that I have the ER and the only thing I miss is direct line-level sampling.

Pleeeease :smiley:

2 Likes

@gareth.lyons Assign an external offset to two VCAs in your patch, one set to have a gain of 1 with a bias of 0 and the other with a gain of -1 and a bias set to 1. As you turn the offset the first will move from 0 to 1 and the second will move from 1 to 0.

You can apply this principle to any parameters using the same positive / negative gain trick.

Let us know how you get on :slight_smile:

1 Like

God the Teletype firmware seems to have moved on since I last had one. Might have to re-investigate!

1 Like

Two major improvements (for now on two separate firmwares, soon to be merged) :

• Grid integration (Worth buying a 128 and telex expanders)
  • Turtle Op : 2D map to travel in the 4 Patterns. Instant René. Imagine with the grid !
3 Likes

Just how many Telex TXo and TXi’s each would you recommend?

The grid can replace buttons, switches and faders. So i’d say not much TXi. Depending on what you plan to do of course. But at least 1 TXo as you will quickly want to sequence 8 voices…

2 Likes

All i need is reverb unit! After that on the list are only some kind of scale quantizing ability to use with white noise/s&h combination and compression/saturation/overdrive unit any of those can do.

3 Likes

Is there somewhere you can buy prebuilt Telexo’s these days? Does bpcmusic still have some for sale or do you need to buy a kit, etc?

Matter of fact he’s making what might be the last batch, but he’s assured the community that your favorite DIY builder would probably have no problem making them for you too.

1 Like

I’ll do them if we can get PCBs/Panels and a group order sorted… due to other commitments I can’t be involved in getting the group together, but if you sort that I’ll do the actual builds!