Home | ER-101 | ER-102 | ER-301 | Wiki | Contact

Drumma! loopable, realtime drum units bundle :)

custom-unit

Jesus I cant wait to get back to my 301, been away for while and seen this along with Joes and Mudloggers packs of units pop up… feel spoilt…

Keen to unpack the gate looper for use with other stuff/samples etc.
Im assuming its a pretty simple pedal looper patch …?
(EDIT- I didnt read the post thoroughly at all!!! ignore the above…)

Thanks for your work!!

ah but the looper quantizes to the clock?! Agh i need to delve into this before speculating.

Hello! I have to update this but i’m in the wilderness far from my rig until 26 august :slight_smile: anyway you can either use a very fast clock (audio rate oscillator) to have near infinite resolution = almost unquantized or delve in the units and delete all instances of quantize to clock.

great Stuff, follow you

may i ask, any News on this ?

Thanks! Waiting for custom units to stabilize in fw 0.4 :wink:

This is all fantastic stuff! Just got my er301 a little while ago and am still learning a lot each day, not in the least because of this forum.

one little thing regarding these units:

At first I couldn’t get the pedal looper to work, but then I noticed that in the pedal looper itself, there is a clock signal which has its input to A1 and not to the local clock control.
It’s the clock input of the quantization of the punch control, which is controlling the record/play/overdub of the looper.
When I changed A1 to the local clock control it all worked… (I had my clock going into G1)
So if you have your clock going into A1, you’re fine, otherwise you have to do a little tweakage :slight_smile:

ah sorry yes, i have to update all three :slight_smile: only one of them had that problem i think!

Can’t wait to see how you put this together and how it sounds!

Ypsi Kid

Time to rebuild them on 04.xx, and also with post quantization,as suggested :slight_smile: stay tuna :smiley:

I’m so tuna’d in but feel like I’m floundering after you baited me.

egehhehhehe sorry i’ve been sidetracked a bit by other businesses :slight_smile:
also i was waiting for the full power of 04.XX to manifest before having to miss out on some important features :slight_smile:
i’ll be back with this and also the chaotic machines!
promise

@Unity2k :
common looper section ported, i want to try different solutions for the quantization (have it optional and post), but it works, so good news.
today i started working on porting the sound engine of kicka! clappa! and hatta!
i don’t think that will be too long, so… almost there.
thanks for the kickin’ :wink:

almost done. last tests and it will be up.

turns out my idea of switching between quantized and unquantized for gate looping is problematic. i have odd timings.

the way i did it was to use two channel mixers:
-the gate unquantized followed by a VCA
-the gate followed by a quantize to clock followed by a VCA
the quantize toggle on the custom controls allowed to close one and open the other, thus switching from unquantized to quantized, but it is perhaps introducing too much delay.

am i wrong in assuming this @odevices?
anyway, i’ll stick with the original version with built in quantization.
one can enter the module and disable the two quantize to clock (one directly under the GATE control, one buried inside the “rec-play-overdub” control of the pedal looper inside GATE…

OR (i suggest this) use a very fast clock into the CLOCL input (both external vco or internal fast clock) so you are quantizing to a very high resolution and can always down quantize to a slower clock in case you need it.

open to suggestions to solve this issue. @Joe? @NeilParfitt? @kel? :slight_smile:

meanwhile here the QUANTIZE TO CLOCK ONLY, v 04.XX ONLY versions:
Clappa Quant.unit (41.8 KB)
Hatta Quant.unit (44.3 KB)
Kicka quant.unit (26.7 KB)
and a 3 bands container called, obviously, drumma! with all 3 and macro custom controls on the surface:
Drumma.unit (136.8 KB)

feedback welcome! @Unity2k lemme know what you think.

anyway i feel like i’d better craft them straight up anew than reusing the old system as this…oh well, here they are :slight_smile:

Not really, sorry!

It seems like something that falls outside of what the ER-301 is good at doing, I use other tools to sync things up at ms accuracy, a kind of variable ms delayed network of clocks if you like, so that I can accommodate any latency anywhere in the system - it works perfectly because the whole system runs a few ms ‘late’ i.e. it matches the slowest latency send triggers to those modules first, waits a few ms and then sends triggers to the ones that have no discernable latency so everything matches perfectly.

That is to say that this kind of quantising setup possibly introduces unmanageable and variable latencies - but that is just a guess - and I don’t know of any way to resolve it.

If it was me I would focus on sound generation and leave the sequencing to other things that are more suited to the task.

Not sure if this helps or not? :slight_smile:

Good luck!!

first thanks @kel, it’s great to have you back!
in fact if i just leave the quantizers there i have no great issue.
it’s only when i encapsulate them in mixers to switch between them and unquantized gates that i have problems. like the added infrastructure is killin’ the groove :slight_smile:

What do you mean here exactly?

well, it behaves differently compared to when i just put the quantize to clock units there.
odd, weird timing related to the clock but jumpy, strange, don’t know how to better explain it.
might have something to do with the additional latency introduced by vca’s and mixer channels?