Home | ER-101 | ER-102 | ER-301 | Wiki | Contact

Er 101-102 cheatsheet and some other general newbie questions

Hello :slight_smile: i finally got my hands on 101-102-301 combo; Anybody maybe created a cheatsheet for 101/102 with all the button combos? If not, maybe it’s time to do so ; )?

Q1: when i have set 12Tet on 101 and plug it into 301 Sine Osc - how do i make it track correctly ? I must do something super wrong/stupid but its always off (by my tuner).

Q2: What is relation between BPM and Clock pulses ? is it 1:1 ? (120 BPM = 120 clock pulses = 120 quarternotes per minute?)

Q3: How do you assign Table to CVa or CVb ? I’m able to scroll through Tables but dunno how to apply them to CVa/b >.<

Thanks for help!

You select tables with the upper left switch set to “Ref”. Press copy

then you put the table switch to A to select CVa, press the insert button to paste the voltage table into CVa. Do the same for CVb by putting the switch to B.

(sorry i had to edit and erase what i initially wrote, which was completely reversed procedure. haven’t used the er-101 in months so my memory was flunky. plugged the er-101 in just now to verify & realised i had given the wrong advice).

Thanks! That help’d : )

Q2: What is relation between BPM and Clock pulses ? is it 1:1 ? (120 BPM = 120 clock pulses = 120 quarternotes per minute?)

What is the source of the clock?

Clock and tempo (as so called BPM) are separate things.
You can have 120 bpm tempo with higher or lower clock resolution.

I`m using 24ppqn as would most of the people here i guess. In this setup 16th have 6 pulses.

Q3: How do you assign Table to CVa or CVb ? I’m able to scroll through Tables but dunno how to apply them to CVa/b >.<

This is also very well covered in ER101 manual :slight_smile: