Home | ER-101 | ER-102 | ER-301 | Wiki | Contact

Er 102 real time recording

Hi guys,

I have a question as I’m stuck with my er102 and thought you might be help to out.
Bassicly I have a eucledian rythm generator going into the gate of the er102 for real
Time recording and i have a separate cv sequencer for the melody. When I press arm everything works great, when I recorded it however a lot of steps are off and without a gate. Seems like the cv input is priorities as a way to move the recorded notes into a new step. The problem is that it completely changes my sequences and often leaves a lot of steps without a gate signal resulting in a far more spares sequences. Thanks in advance for your help, much appreciated

when you arm a track for recording you have a “setup page” on the er-101,
there you can set if a cv-a or cv-b change will result in a new step even without a gate.
it sounds to me that you have activated that option.
er-102 manual on page 19 explains this.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your quick reply it’s very nice of you. I have disactiveted that option, but now it doesn’t add any new steps, but i can still hear them when it’s armed. My other sequencer has an output of: +5V with Pulse Width: 6ms is that too short to create a step? thanks!

i’m not entirely sure, on that described setup page there are also quantising option for gate and step length, you might want to add a fixed number there if you work with short gate/triggers.

according to the manual:

“the time between two consecutive rising edges on this gate input (AD-1) determines the duration of the recorded step, while the time between a rising edge and a falling edge determines the recorded step’s gate length.”

i think i once asked something similar, but that was before this forum existed…i wanted to record triggers but i believe that’s not possible, only gates and your gate seems to be too short.
so i guess the quantisation is the only way. but again i’m not entirely sure, best if you read through the manual carefully. cheers!

3 Likes

You should increase the speed of the external clock. I usually run at 24x off Pam’s new workout. The faster the clock the more detailed recording you’ll get.

2 Likes