ER-301 Micro systems

Ah, ok thanks. So you’re using a barrel connector coming from the D-tap? What are you using as a power supply in your Eurorack? I could see no power supply unit that takes the power from the battery per se. Do you have some kind of regulator? My uzeus takes up to 15v but my lithium NP-1’s charge to over 16V when full even though they have a lower nominal voltage and I’d be concerned about plugging them in directly. For my audio bag I wired a cheap DC-DC voltage regulator in line with my barrel connector for audio recorders with narrower acceptable voltage ranges to ensure I wasn’t going over voltage…

…scratch the bit about what power source, I just spotted your uZeus in plain sight! Still interested to hear if you have a regulator on the D-tap.

1 Like

Can vouch for that :blush:

1 Like

I hid the power supply so well you missed it!! There’s a 12v 1amp regulator on it in this pic as that’s what the Digitakt needs. I’m not an E.E. so take this with a granular of synthesis but I don’t use a regulator with the mico zeus as it’s specs and the battery match. There’s no overheating that I can tell and all 4 modules function normally.

Ok, good to hear.

I wired mine by hand from cobbled together eBay components (and Brian’s seen evidence of my soldering skills!) as I was powering a Tascam DR680 and didn’t trust the “Y’should be right’s” I was hearing in response to voltage ranges. I had a digital voltage display so that i could keep an eye on that, so transited many a Colombian and Mexican airport security with a device which looked for all the world like a bomb counter in a 80’s TV show replete with green AND yellow wires!

It’s still floating about somewhere, perhaps I can repurpose it!

You are in the Soldering Hall of Fame! :rofl:

1 Like

He he…would it surprise you to know the wiring was speaker wire twisted together and taped with electrical tape? I swear I’ve been busily up-skilling since the…ahem…flimsy diode pad issue :grinning:

1 Like

How much space is needed for the ER-301 asking because Behringer just released specs for there 104 Eurorack cases with 38mm depth.

I think I need black caps on my drumsequencer now :grin:

9 Likes

Another Emblematic O|D coupling - that’s 3 I know of (including mine) - it really is a killer combination!!

2 Likes

make it four :relaxed:

6 Likes

My Catalyst arrives Monday :fist:

1 Like

Excellent!!

Prepare to enjoy yourself more than you thought possible with a simple crossfader - it is pure joy :joy:

Top module of 2019 for me so far!

4 Likes

38mm is plenty, ER-301 barely exceeds a common eurorack rail’s depth :slight_smile: :heart:

3 Likes

It is pairing so well with the ER-301. Pure fun!

1 Like

You are leading me into temptation…

2 Likes

And this is news to you? :joy:

I think I am probably more responsible than anyone for you even having a modular system at all :smiley:

1 Like

No doubt about that at all.

3 Likes

That was me! Yes, horrible moment. All fixed now thankfully but they are very shallow cases and you need to be careful.

1 Like

Just be careful. I was clumsy and paid the price!

New Intellijel Palette 4.5U Cases looks ideal for a micro system:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BvmWRWKhtQX/

4 Likes