My main combo is ER-301 sequenced from teletype over i2c. I have a problem that I hope can be worked out, although I realize it might be tricky, hence this lengthy post in new thread.
After some time some triggers over i2c starts to get delayed, sometimes even missed. Rebooting both modules makes everything fine again. The problem has started while I’ve been working on a new track, never had it in the past. Although it’s a bit busy over i2c, it’s not more so than usual. Triggers are send every 130 ms (16th notes at ~115 BPM), obviously at some points more than one trigger and CV is send at the same time (or as “at the same time” as is possible over what I believe to be a serial protocol). CPU usage on the ER-301 is comfortably hovering around 50%. ER-301 is running firmware 0.4.20. Between the problem appearing there have been several saves on both the teletype and the ER-301.
What makes me suspect it’s a teletype problem:
- Shuffling scripts around sometimes makes it happen to other triggers.
- There’s no way (that I know of) to tell how stressed out the teletype is, so maybe it simply can’t keep up.
- The delayed triggers are always on time, just a 16th note (130ms) late, super tight, just delayed one teletype.metro cycle.
- The delayed triggers appear visually on the ER-301 gui exactly as I hear them.
What makes me suspect it’s an ER-301 problem:
- At one point I wanted to try downgrading (but failed, that goes in another thread), while the problem was showing. In that process I rebooted the ER-301 without rebooting the teletype, and the problem was gone!
- While finishing the CPU measurements yesterday (which involves copying/pasting alot of units + clearing channels), the ER-301 froze a couple of times, so maybe there’s some memory corruption going on with the ER-301.
- I always think “what has changed since the problem appeared”, and the only thing (except obviously a new track on both modules) is that I upgraded the ER-301 to firmware 0.4.20.
I was hoping @odevices could chime in, maybe the above description rings a bell. I didn’t present the problem over at lines yet. Any ideas highly appreciated, since this is obviously a super annoying problem.