ER-301 screen-saver / burn in?

i can’t see the value of a screensaver but that’s just me.
increasing displays lifespan? yes!!!
if the system settings choice system for time is not resource demanding i’d prefer it (maybe just 3 options: 5 minutes, 20 minutes, 60 minutes).

re: leaving the system always on… it may not impact your wallet but of course it impacts on global resources draining, even if in a very small percentage.
i’m not turning it on and off every five minutes, usually when i have day off job and i’m home and have time to make sounds i leave it on almost all day but i’d never leave it on while away or while sleeping(except for the occasional drone patch which i like to immerse myself in during the liminal phase between wake and sleep\dream). anything can happen (a lightning bolt? a module frying and putting all my rig on fire?) a bit paranoid maybe but i want to be present when my instruments are on :slight_smile:

How about a scrolling message that reads - ‘You don’t need any more modules!’, and sends out a mild electric shock?

2 Likes

Just wanted to add a +1 to this. I recently got an uO_C and I like how the screen goes to sleep after 30 minutes or whatever of inactivity. My preference is a screen time out / sleep as opposed to an animation. I’m starting to notice some burn in in the OLED.

An oscilloscope screen saver would be amazing! Maybe it monitors the last active track? When Im not using the 301 I almost always monitor the coolest looking source for visual inspiration! Love this idea! Especially having timeout options like 5-60mins or something.

Interesting to hear that some of you leave your systems on all day? I turn mine on and off every session as I usually take breaks lasting a couple hours at least. Is there any advantage to leaving a system on? I guess for analog oscillators it helps with tuning but what else? My system is almost completely digital so I don’t worry much about tuning.

1 Like

Best thing about the O_c screen saver is that it tells you what’s going on in the background. It’s very informative in each of the different applications. Would be super cool to have the screen saver be VU meters for input/output or maybe even let you assign a value out to a readout on the screen saver.

1 Like

what if there was a hold/button combo what would just turn off the displays. like a sleep mode?

good idea, that would be my preferred option :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you sure? :thinking:

Not any more, ha. :slight_smile: I’ll give it a closer look when I’m home tonight.

I worry more about reaching 1,000,000 revolutions on my encoder. I know it seems like a big number. But I really like spinning that big, beautiful knob. :slight_smile: