Er101/102 Focus Press on Track no Longer Provides

…track length. :frowning:

Am I doing it wrong?

It’s still there but it does look like it is getting clobbered by the hints. If you focus the multiplier (STEP) display and then focus the track display again, the track length will show. Thank you for letting me know.

2 Likes

Brian, neither the procedure outlined in the manual nor the workaround you provided is working for me. [ER-101 F2.09; ER-102 F2.19]

Would you, or any other kind soul, check that the workaround is still possible?

Also, do you plan to reinstitute the procedure as described in the manual?

ER-101 manual 2.09 (p. 8)
Tip: You can focus press PATTERN or TRACK to have the total number of pulses for all steps shown in the VOLTAGE display. Focus press means pressing the focus button when the display is already focused.

Workaround:
If you focus the multiplier (STEP) display and then focus the track display again, the track length will show.

Yes, the workaround still works around. I used it today.

• Focus-press the Track button
  • Press the Step button (used as Multiplier)
  • Press Track button
  • Length of Track in pulses is displayed

Thank you, rikrak. I know realize that “pulses” refers to duration count, not step count.

Pressing Step (Track Speed Multiplier) then Track is just a way to clear the hint text which appears when you enter the Track page.

The length shown is the total number of clock pulses for that Track.

So if you have a Track consisting of 4 notes with step durations of 16,16,8,4 - the total length, displayed on the Track page, would be 44.

Got it! Thanks for clarifying.

1 Like

Hello,

Since I have the ER 102 installed I can’t see the track length, It’s work on pattern but not on the Track.
Is there an other manipulation ?

Thanks