ER301 rig pics!

Honestly, if I wasn’t getting an SSP, I would have already ordered at least 2 more 301s. As it is once specs are announced for the CPU upgrade, I just might do it anyway.

2d

1 Like

I love having two ER-301, it’s perfect for me!

Double IO. double CPU, double screens - what’s not to like :smiley:

2 Likes

Here’s my current rig (taken during my trip to Portland, OR)
https://www.instagram.com/he_soundvisual/

10 Likes

Caught an (almost) unpatched moment.

EDIT: du-seq is not mine, and telharmonic is missing (did a temp swap with a friend). also out of frame is the tascam 464 that is kind of integral part of everything.

5 Likes

7 Likes

Just finished my DIY portable case!

23 Likes

Looks great! I assume the 1hp sides on both ends are for ventilation?

Doesn’t look very DIY to me. (That is meant as a compliment!)

2d

1 Like

Haha, that comment about the 1HP gaps makes me feel so much better! That’s exactly what I will tell myself it is from now on. In reality, the gaps are caused my the silly mistake of putting the screws of the rails on the inside of the case. I thought it looked so much better, and it does. But it wasn’t until I put it all together that I noticed it’s impossible to fit the modules to the sides of the case :confounded: So yeah: ventilation. Brilliant!

Thanks!

4 Likes

When I built the military grade eurorack cases I went through the same thing, I highly recommend making a bevel for the screws to sit in!

:heart_eyes:
Love this case !
I’m waiting for an synthrotek lunchbox
44hp for my er-301 and an Mxmxmx Temps Utile
And of course some 1u tiles !

2 Likes

Yeah I wonder how I can fix this. I actually went as far as hiding the screws on the outside with wood filler, sanding it down and painting over it with this structure lacquer finish. So it’s absolutely invisible and totally unreachable, haha. Maybe I will just go for the ventilation story.

3 Likes

This is what you are going for, just imagine that the top piece of wood is your metal frame :slight_smile:

I call these flat head screws.

p.s. I forgot to say - it looks great!! :smiley:

1 Like

So, yeah. I did it the other way around: the head of the screw is actually coming from the outside of the case and is bolted from the inside and that’s where the problems arise, obviously. I should have thought of it.

3 Likes

Hehe I see… well, live and learn :smiley:

It took me ages to get the specs right for the cases, very low tolerance precision engineered, really good fun, but waaaaaay more work than you would ever imagine, well, I guess you know now hey!

The best part is I know there are only 4 of them in the world, I have 2, they are super rare and indestructible!

1 Like

in my second built i fixed this by going for a wider aluminium panel on the sides so i could put
the screws deeper into the case, i.e. deeper than skiff friendly modules.

1 Like

Would love to see those cases, @anon83620728. Did you share pictures somewhere here?

Sure, here’s the final product shots:

You could put whatever power you wanted in there, although they are rated IP56 so I wouldn’t drill a hole in the side!

They were very expensive to make, used the case system, but were individually hand made, the frame fitting was the biggest challenge, but they are solid! I am absolutely delighted with mine.

They are repairable should they ever get damaged, but I’d be amazed if they were ever broken, you would have to throw it out of a window high up or get it run over by a truck or something very silly!

13 Likes

p.s. I will do another run of these if there is interest, but… I don’t have the cash to produce them up front, there’s a MOQ of 5 and they are about £600 each - without power!

I haven’t found anything that comes close in terms of providing protection for your gear except hacking a deli case - but then that’s always going to be a compromise in terms of ergonomics and when I set out to do this I was very keen on the idea of raising the frame up out of the case slightly.

I would be one of the 5, I’d LOVE another one so if this can happen I would be very happy.

I am fairly certain that another person who got one of the first and only runs would have another too, so we’re probably looking to find 3 folk who are willing to front the cash for one. Turnaround would be 3-4 weeks.

edit: no one is ever interested, so I am not expecting anything, just making the offer again. To me it’s a tiny amount of cash to protect thousands of pounds worth of modules, I carry my modular around outside in all weather and it’s great to not have to worry, but I know it’s a lot to pay for what is essentially a 6U 104hp case. If you don’t need the protection, it’s total overkill!

2 Likes

2 Likes

the patch for a concert last friday.

every jack of the ER-301 utilised. would have needed more actually!

the shedding of the patch.

the venue between soundcheck, show.

9 Likes