ER301 rig pics!

Here’s my setup for 2019. The aim was to build a rack with sufficient complexity that I can go a whole year without buying eurorack modules, spending the time to get to know this setup inside-out. The more people I tell, the more likely I am to stick to it, right?

13 Likes

My live setup :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Little hip hop setup

10 Likes

I’m in the same position! I keep telling myself if I say “I’m finished, I need to learn the stuff I have” enough times out loud I will stick to it, whilst I’m still eyeing up other modules ha ha

3 Likes

If eurorack companies would just stop releasing incredible new machines every 5 minutes, it would be a lot easier!

2 Likes

Love this rack. I would perhaps switch the Ears for a TXo to get the option of VCOs, envelopes, extra triggers it enables. And add a Grid. But see, there is enough here for years of exploration and performance.

Is it a 4ms pod?

1 Like

I agree with @rikrak … this is enough to produce complete tracks, pretty much without compromise I would have thought.

TXo is a good idea too, but Ears does afford at least a small degree of physical playability and a nice pre-amp for external sound sources, so I totally understand the decision.

Very nice indeed :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for the advice! It is insightful!:grin: I do need a TXo and I am waiting @bpcmusic be back in stock.
Yes, it is a 4ms Pod60. It feels nice, lightweight but quite shallow as they were designed. I feel sad that Ansible cannot fit in. Neither does TXo, according to the spec.
Meanwhile, I am making a wooden case, 60hp*6U, to build a minimal system around ER-301, JF and TT. :laughing: It’s quite interesting to build small systems for various purposes.

1 Like

Thank you!! :raised_hands:
Yes, I am thinking the same about Ears. I want some external inputs for ER-301 and physical interactions.

kinda ugly but works. and yes, the topmost “case” is two Ecco shoe boxes.

7 Likes

This is my system. Save for a potential swap of the Odessa for the CS-8 (when it comes out), it’s finished.

11 Likes

15 Likes

The travel/core rig, and then the entire system as it currently stands. When I got the er-301 and the e370 had not yet arrived, my plan/goal was to simplify down to the small case and purge the rest. Of course, that didn’t happen, but theoretically it still could. :laughing:

4 Likes

wow - which case is that?

It’s the 15U version of the ADDAC 901M.

Current setup with ER-301 as main sampler/looper +Fx unit. My appreciation for this module keeps growing.

5 Likes

For now I’ve decided on containing the 301 with the ‘mother.’ handy for travel as well as connecting to other, bigger cases scattered around the house. The mother ship!

6 Likes

former rig

current state of affairs

5 Likes

Are those NONO Modular cases?

They are indeed! I love them, but they require a small amount of planning if you have any deep modules. Aside from that, I consider them perfect for anyone travelling with modular cases.

1 Like