erb301 verb lite 002.unit
erb301 verb lite 004.unit
erb301 verb lite 005.unit
erb301 verb lite 100.unit (127.7 KB)
Hello. I have tried to recreate the Erbe Verb from this: https://quod.lib.umich.edu/cgi/p/pod/dod-idx/building-the-erbe-verb-extending-the-feedback-delay-network.pdf?c=icmc;idno=bbp2372.2015.054.
I could not follow along completely without exceeding CPU limits, so I made the following compromises:
- Allpasses series not included
- random modulation when depth to the right is not included
– i use s&h noise automatically to adjust time of allpass
I don’t actually have an Erbe Verb (I wish I did). So I can’t tell if this even comes close. Can someone compare?
This unit requires the all pass filter unit.
N.B. This unit includes a Feedback Delay Network that you can use in your own experiments. I paid attention to phase and level so that it is stable. Just copy it and remove the embedded delays from the macro unit.
Done in 100:
- using 1 time variant allpass instead of series
- connected Feedback Delay Network correctly this time with 4 doppler delays
Done in 005:
changed all pass chain to parallel bands fixed predelay to 100% wet
Done in 004:
rerouted LPF and Allpass filters before FBN
– Added back series of 6 x ms prime all pass filters
fix pre-delay use clocked Doppler instead of just clocked
fix depth to be variable from sine mod left to “shimmer?” right
– Changed right most depth to be filtered resonant noise
implement Env follower modulation?
– Env modulation is accessible at the top level controls. Can be then reassigned to whatever top level parameter.