GUI flow when assigning a Parameter's Mod Source for the First Time

Hi Brian, just thinking aloud if there’s a way to save a step when assigning a parameter’s modulation source for the first time:

Current Flow:

1. Select a parameter IE: V/oct on a Ladder Filter Unit
  2. Press S1 to enter the V/oct sub-chain
  3. Press M1 to enter the source select window
  4. Press M1 to M6 to expand the desired source group
  5. Select Source
  6. now back at the V/oct chain, add any additional units
  7. exit sub-chain

I’m just wondering if step 2 to 3 could be streamlined if we’re entering an empty subchain. In all likelihood, if a user is wanting to assign a CV source, that’s the first task to carry out. Then, upon assignment the user would be ready to add any additional units to process that CV or Audio source.

Suggested flow that saves a step - but again, only if the sub-chain is unassigned and contains no units.

1. Select a parameter IE: V/oct on a Ladder Filter Unit
    2. Press S1 to enter the V/oct sub-chain. The user is immediately taken to the source select window/meters
  2. Press M1 to M6 to expand the desired source group
  3. Select Source
  4. now back at the V/oct chain, add any additional units
  5. exit sub-chain

The only caveat I can think of is that it would only work with single source parameters and mono audio … so maybe it isn’t practical. Would this be a problem with stereo chains? Maybe not as the CV source for paraders is still ‘mono’ if i was thinking of it that way.

Thoughts?.

Wouldn’t the users who want to insert a unit first complain that you made it worse for them?

That’s how I roll!.. creating havoc wherever I go! Muahahaha!

1 Like