GUI slowdown

I was working on a patch in response to @anon83620728’s Power of Sine today and whilst I had a good few nested units I had CPU at a only steady 52%. I witnessed a behaviour whereby the waveform displays in the upper display were indicating a kind of slow down. Although the audio behaviour was continuous the waveform of the sound within the units was freezing and displaying, freezing and displaying almost as if in a morse code .-.-.-.-.- kind of fashion. Pause, rush of waveform, Pause, rush of waveform.

I recall a thread about different clocks being used to run GUI animation whereby audio process would take precedent and slow down GUI function. Is that what I am seeing? I ask as I wouldn’t have thought I would have seen system slowdown at such a low CPU load. Sound did not seem to be impacted in any way.

I switched to admin mode to perform a task and when I switched back the behaviour had normalised. It’s not a big issue for me, just wondered if it was expected behaviour.

1 Like

I haven’t seen this behaviour - but I am super impressed and very happy that you are working with sines :smiley:

Looking forward to see what you come up with!

This is just due to the scope losing sync and then regaining it again. It will happen on waves that are just fast enough to sync occasionally but too slow to stay in sync. So when the scope has successfully sync’ed with the wave, the wave will freeze in the display, but when it loses sync the wave will glide across the screen.

1 Like

Ok, roger that, so nothing to do with CPU load?

It may take a while! I’m certainly enjoying the process of discovery but it doesn’t sound too musical as yet!

1 Like

Nope.

1 Like

thanks for the clarification

1 Like