Home | ER-101 | ER-102 | ER-301 | Wiki | Contact

HdjkChaos Bundle - chaotic generators (in progress)

custom-unit

this is an experimental (meaning i have to refine it a lot) unit inspired by the tips by Rob Hordijk about chaos generators.
this one is inspired by the phase modulation chaos gen.
sine osc phase modulated by itself thru a s&h , the output also influences the frequency of the clock triggering the s&h.
here the link to Rob Hordijk synthesis workshop:
https://rhordijk.home.xs4all.nl/G2Pages/index.htm
and here’s the .lua:
HjkchaosPM2.lua (23.7 KB)

here an example of how it sounds. these are two instances hard panned left right (i think it’s more interesting as a modulator tho):

tip:
try using it as a chaotic gate generator to trigger samples or adsr’s

HjkChaosSQ
another one, this time is the simpler one based on a pulse wave oscillator (in this case a clock\hz unit) whose frequency is modulated by its output filtered by a LPF. some of the settings result in a steady sound while when the chaos kicks in the circuit stabilizes itself on a regular pattern. still have to investigate if the circuit is actually a true chaotic generator. feedback very welcome!!!

controls:

• freq: controls the frequency of the pulse oscillator (summed with the output of the LPF section).

• div: another control for the frequency of the pulse oscillator (being a clock generator in fact). think of it as a coarser control.

• index: amount of linear frequency modulation (how much the filtered pulse out modulate its own frequency).

• pw: pulse width of the pulse oscillator.

• cutoff: frequency of the low pass filter.

• q: resonance of the low pass filter.

DO NOT TOUCH the OSC and LPF parameters, they are there for routing needs only.
the circuit can go mute. in that case the fastest thing to do is increase Q.

HjkchaosSq1.lua (11.2 KB)

Will check this out for sure - this is exactly what I’m interested in :slight_smile: thanks for sharing

Great one, thanks!

niiiiiceeee! still in line for a 301 to get shipped out to me, was just wondering about chaos Units. this looks/sounds AWESOME.

thanks!