Home | ER-101 | ER-102 | ER-301 | Wiki | Contact

Hillz - Function generator inspired Synth Voice

custom-unit

Hillz
Hillz is a synth voice inspired by function generators such as DUSG or Maths, in particular by Frap Tools Falistri. Each of the two sections uses an internal Sine osc to trigger an ADSR envelope (with zero sustain) and make it loop at audio rate. Controlling the attack, decay and release of the envelope waveshaping is obtained. Rich sound and low cpu.
0012 0013 0014
controls :

• gate : this fires the envelope controlling the main (amplitude) VCA.
  • tune : pretty self explainatory 1v/oct control (here 0 = C note but you can change it going into the unit and resetting the pulse vco tune back to 0 cents)
  • A : controls the attack of the VCA envelope
  • D : controls the decay of the VCA envelope
  • S : controls the sustain of the VCA envelope
  • R : controls the release of the VCA envelope
  • rise1 : controls the attack of the sound generating looping envelope for section 1
  • fall1 : controls the decay and release of the sound generating looping envelope for section 1
  • rise2 : controls the attack of the sound generating looping envelope for section 2
  • fall2 : controls the decay and release of the sound generating looping envelope for section 2
  • detune : slightly detunes the sine osc controlling section 2 to achieve beatings between the two voices

cpu : about 14%
firmware : v0.4.11 or later
requires : no dependencies
tips : send some modulations to the rise and fall parameters of both sections with scrupolous attenuation to achieve rich and interesting waveshaping. if you use it on a stereo chain you can enter the unit (clicking on “open”) and pan the two voices or set their levels very easily for a wider sound.
to do : add envelope curves (log\lin\exp) to all envelopes (both amplitude control and sound generation). find better sweetspots for the rise and fall ranges

Hillz.unit (31.6 KB)

Hillz 2

basically the same unit with added logic operation on the two sections.
if you want to change the logic function click “open” and navigate to the “logic” mixer channel, enter it and click on the header of the Logics unit to change the operator.

added control:

• logics: bipolar level of the Logics section. i kept it bipolar so you can sum the normal or phase inverted output of the logic section

cpu: about 16%
requires: accents

Hillz 2.unit (36.6 KB)

12 Likes

PLEASE RE-DOWNLOAD

the first upload was bugged because i forgot to unmute section 2 of the synth, so the detuning wasn’t working :slight_smile:

tip: if you use it on a stereo chain you can enter the unit (clicking on “open”) and pan the two voices or set their levels very easily for a wider sound.

0 Likes

Check the initial post.
i decided to put up an alternate version that uses @Joe’s Logics unit to have also the logic out of the two sections.
i will maintain and update both versions.

0 Likes

This sound great! Thanks.

1 Like

thank you!

0 Likes