I2C communication / CV Question

Is there enough bandwidth on this bus to send CV data to a theoretical 1 or 2 ch. CV output expander?

Or actually, could the teletype act as a CV output for the 301, or is it triggers only?

1 Like

Teletype can slew CV values, but you will hear some aliasing at short slew times. This thread gets into it.

Oh, duh, you’re asking about the other direction. Right now things are set up mainly for Teletype to control ER-301. New code could be written to enable new functionality but at the moment, these are the Teletype OPs for ER-301:

ER-301 Operators

SC.TR x y
Set trigger output for the ER-301 virtual output x to y (0-1)

SC.TR.POL x y
Set polarity of trigger for the ER-301 virtual output x to y (0-1)

SC.TR.TIME x y
Set the pulse time for the ER-301 virtual trigger x to y in ms

SC.TR.TOG x
Flip the state for the ER-301 virtual trigger output x

SC.TR.PULSE x [SC.TR.P]
Pulse the ER-301 virtual trigger output x

SC.CV x y
CV target value for the ER-301 virtual output x to value y

SC.CV.OFF x y
CV offset added to the ER-301 virtual output x

SC.CV.SET x
Set CV value for the ER-301 virtual output x

SC.CV.SLEW x y
Set the CV slew time for the ER-301 virtual output x in ms

i’ve successfully made sequences of v/oct and triggers from the teletype, but i wasn’t trying pretty stuff.

currently teletype works as an i2c leader (it initiates i2c transmissions). so to do what you need you could use the metro script on teletype to poll data periodically from er-301. this would require additional implementation on er-301 side to support returning CV or gate values when polled.

alternatively i imagine it would be trivial to add the ability for er-301 to act as a leader and using something like @bpcmusic’s telex output module (this wouldn’t work if you also have teletype connected as teletype currently does not support multi leader environments). the benefit with this approach is that it would also give you many more features that telex txo supports, like envelopes / lfos etc.

2 Likes

Check this out folks.