Home | ER-101 | ER-102 | ER-301 | Wiki | Contact

Importing samples with looppoints

Is it possible to process loop points in some external software and have those loop points show up when imported into the 301?

The reason I’m asking is because I made a python script for cross fade looping, and if it’s possible to transfer loop points I need to know the “technology” that handles this, so I can export properly.

1 Like

Here is the slice (*.slc) file format:

Section Field Size (bytes) Format* Value
header magic 4 unsigned integer 0xABCDDCBA
header description length 4 unsigned integer 7
header description 7 array of 7 bytes [‘S’,‘l’,‘i’,‘c’,‘e’,‘s’,0]
header major version 4 unsigned integer 0
header minor version 4 unsigned integer 0
header number of slices 4 signed integer N
slice 1 start** 4 signed integer start position in samples
slice 1 loop start** 4 signed integer loop start position in samples or 0 for start of slice
slice 1 loop end** 4 signed integer loop end position in samples or 0 for end of slice
slice 1 reserved 4 float 1.0
slice N start** 4 signed integer start position in samples
slice N loop start** 4 signed integer loop start position in samples or 0 for start of slice
slice N loop end** 4 signed integer loop end position in samples or 0 for end of slice
slice N reserved 4 float 1.0

*All 4-byte fields are in little endian byte order.
**All positions are specified in absolute number of samples from the start of the audio data.

2 Likes

Thanks, that’s should do it!

I investigated this some time back, and it seems there is some (non-standardized IIRC) way of reading/writing loop info in headers. Do you have any input on that?

I assume you mean reading loop info embedded in WAV files? AFAIK there is no standard and over the years developers have had to reinvent the wheel everytime they wanted to embed loop/slice/cue/marker/label info in a WAV file.

However, I am aware of this:

which uses Reaper’s method to embed markers in a WAV file (when exporting/importing only) and happens to be also what the Morphagene uses.

Thanks for clearing this up, I’m a little bit wiser now!