Home | ER-101 | ER-102 | ER-301 | Wiki | Contact

Insert button gets stuck on after/before display

bug

so i have a problem with the er101 insert button it seems. most of the time it functions normally, eg short press and a step gets inserted, long press and i can cycle between before, after etc. however sometimes with a short press it gets stuck on this before/after display and i only get out by pressing insert again.
i don’t know if this is a mechanical or an electrical problem, eg if i maybe should somehow clean the contacts or something @odevices ?

I’ve had similar

Me too. I’ve been meaning to take a look at it but keep getting pulled away. I’ll see if I can improve the situation in the next firmware.

ah good to know! so maybe it was introduced with the last er101 firmware since i don’t remember seeing this problem before the update? anyway, i’m glad to hear that it’s not a mechanical problem.
thanks brian

My thoughts, could it be related to the anti bounce?

It happens for me as well.

in my case this now happens more often then before, it would be really helpful if this gets fixed.
i’m quite fast and most hand and finger movements come semi automatic after years of usage with this sequencer, but now with this bug i can’t use the module like before and it slows down my workflow to the point where i get angry at the device and that of course is ridiculous haha! happy new year!!
edit: ok so i am a bit surprised that not that many people seem to have this bug but in my case at least it makes the module more and more unusable … :cry:

I’ve got the same problem and would also really appreciate a solution.

i tag you @odevices just to be sure you see the above messages, hope that isn’t too impertinent.

I tag you back @kilchhofer!
I’ll have a look at it this week.

is it a major bug @odevices?

More like a domino effect which I’m working through. Almost there.

thanks brian!