Home | ER-101 | ER-102 | ER-301 | Wiki | Contact

Insert steps: accidental double or more entry

recently i experienced weird double or more entries while inserting steps on the er101, usually it skips one but sometimes it adds 3, 4 or even more steps…pretty random and i don’t think i tap especially weird so i don’t think it’s user error. here’s the error, sorry, bad video quality but you clearly see that step 6 and 7 get inserted simultaneously.

Please include the firmware version of both the ER-101 and ER-102 when making bug reports. :bowing_man:

Also, what do you mean by “recently”? Did a firmware update make it worse?

sorry, 2.04 and 2.18 firmware.
recently means a week or so, no firmware update but it’s in a different case, that’s the only thing new…

Could you try updating your ER-101 to v2.09?

v2.09*
Bug Fix: While in HOLD mode, pressing COMMIT when the COPY LED is flashing would cause corruption of the sequence and eventually a crash.
Bug Fix: There was no de-bouncing when sending button events to the ER-102.

http://www.orthogonaldevices.com/er-101/release-notes

And you might as well update your ER-102 to v2.19.

v2.19

FIXED: Browsing through reference tables or snapshots rapidly would sometimes cause a clock pulse to be missed and hence lose sync.
FIXED: While in HOLD mode, pressing COMMIT when the COPY LED is flashing would cause corruption of the sequence and eventually a crash.
FIXED: CONFIG.INI:Groups:hold-mod-cv was letting mod CV through when the track gate was low rather than holding it.

ok, will do, thanks!
man i don’t know why i didn’t see these firmware updates, i’m really sorry, usually i am more up to date

Totally OK!

I hope the firmware update fixes it. :wink:

me too, will report back!
would it be possible to make all the firmware threads sticky, so they are always on top?

You know about the ER-101/102 Activity Feed right?

You are meant to subscribe to it for notifications. No one is allowed to post to it except me.

no, didn’t know that and also didn’t know that i can watch any topic so i get notifications, i’m quite dumb with internet things haha, anyway thanks brian!

2 Likes

Oh this is great. I also missed that firmware update and had noticed the accidental double entry of steps from time to time. Just installed the firmware now.

So thanks for opening this thread up, it helped me as well! :smiley:

1 Like

updated and everything works fine now. cheers :man_mechanic: