It seems I've forgot something basic

Excusez-moi for la stupidité of my question: I’m trying to insert a clocked delay and a LPF with the LPF affecting the delays only and not the dry signal: it seems I completely forgot how to do it.
Can you help me? I’m suffocating in my own dumbness. :smiley:

1 Like

Off the top of my head, not in front of my case: put the delay + LPF in a mixer, delay set to 100% wet?

Hey thanks! I’ve tried, but a mixer needs an input, and if I put OUT1 as an input it feeds back into itself. That’s where I was stuck and can’t make up my mind. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

i think this is currently only possible with global chains, eg your soundsource has to be in a global chain, this way you can have this chain as input into your mixer.
i hope that someday this will change and we could tap into normal units as input source, it would make nested feedback patches a great deal more intuitive!

3 Likes

Yeah, or put your sound source in a custom control in a custom unit!

1 Like

Ahh yep - if the source is a channel output then my suggestion definitely doesn’t work.

couldn’t u just do this by putting the delay on track two with track one as your input?

1 Like

Yes! I did it. I am mixing my oscillators with the 301 and since I want to effect the inputs (that are further mixed with sources inside the 301) I used a spare channel (channel 3) where I created mixer channels for each of the inputs I wanna apply the delay to, and then the delay totally wet and the lpf. then I created a mixer channel with the output of channel 3 on channel 1. all done. thanks. not ideal but doable.

2 Likes

another way is use contain this all within a custom unit.

Create custom controls for all your input sources, so within the custom unit you can carry out any parallel mixing tasks required by tapping those custom control signals as often as you need… all while keeping it self contained.

Sorry this is pretty crude whipped together flowchart:

I’ve only added the deeper levels for audio source 1 (db1), but assuming you have 2 or more oscillator sources, you’d have the same VCAs for ch mix 2 (and beyond) in the delay and dry subchains.

2 Likes

A much clearer explanation than my suggestion above - thanks @NeilParfitt

Can also use a sample looper with a few ms buffer time to “copy” the output anywhere in the system using a sample player with a shared buffer

1 Like