Home | ER-101 | ER-102 | ER-301 | Wiki | Contact

Jan Jelinek using an ER-301 live!

Just saw this pop up on Youtube.

Jan Jelinek sporting an ER-301. What a legend that guy is. Incredible producer. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

So cool. Probably my favorite artist altogether.
Seems he uses his eurorack more of a effects and mixing machine?

3 Likes

Nice. I didn’t know him actually :neutral_face: I’m a never ending newbie

Also cool to see the Octatrack company in the performance. I’m on the fence about trading my Analog Rytm for an Octatrack at the moment!

2 Likes

Ah, consider yourself lucky! You’re in for a treat. :slight_smile: His “Loop-Finding-Jazz-Records” is phenomenal, as is Kosmischer Pitch and Tierbeobachtungen (I might have spelled that wrong). He also records under the name Farben and a few other I forget. Incredibly musical yet experimental approach to all his work. He made this record with a jazz band from France (I think they’re French anyway) as well, Triosk, which is just brilliant. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Is there a contact mic attached to the plastic handle of the Intellijel case ? He seems to play with that during the first minutes of the video… Or just tapping some kind of rhythm, I don’t know… Just wondering… :wink:

Or some kind of sensor controlling the feedback loop ?

From a live set he performed in nyc last month… unbranded octa

2 Likes

Thanks for posting this photo. I’m still trying to know what’s on the handle of the case, if it is just a piece of gaffer tape or if there’s something under (contact mic or sensor) :smile:

At least we can see all the modules with this photo :slight_smile:

1 Like

Jan was tapping the black cable hanging over the edge of the case in upper left (round pad to short patch cable) Looked to be a simple finger voltage input along the lines of these: https://www.landscape.fm/allflesh

2 Likes

Oh I see, thanks :slight_smile: I should get some of these Allflesh, seems like a great way to interact with the Modular !

No filter!

1 Like