Krokuspuls - 4 voice glitchy drum kit

So first “custom unit” from me. It’s probably a mess, and quite a CPU hog. 4 drums (ish) basically, all with some glitchy characteristics. All made with the internal oscillators and modulators. The controls are quite simple for each drum, inspired by mudlogger’s excellent custom units.

Requires - Joe’s Custom Units ‘Accents’ (even this latest one, the rotary speaker thing released today, October 2nd)
Made on 4.25 stable firmware, so quite possible that you’ll need that too.

Usage: It’s meant for stereo use, so load it on a stereo channel. The four “drums” all react to gates received on the gate inputs (so G1, G2, G3 and G4). I’ve also mapped the A-D inputs for external modulation.

Here’s a short sound demo:

Hopefully you can just load up the chain file and things should be working. Let me know if they’re not. :slight_smile:

And the chain file:

krokuspuls.chain (90.5 KB)

11 Likes

The demo sounds cool. Looking forward to a chance to play it for myself!

1 Like

Cheers, Joe! It’s a bit limited, but there’s some useful sounds in there. :slight_smile: I think I’ll explore more of these, making of small drum like kits that can be triggered with external gates. :slight_smile:

1 Like

nice sounds in the demo! i kinda missed this one, gonna try it the next few days!

1 Like

Nice chain, sounds pretty interesting, I’m curious to look inside the units. I played with it briefly and I put some HPF here and there to avoid compounding DC offsets, though, because it was clipping fast when mixing the different drum sounds. Otherwise it turned out pretty cool right out of the box. I like the submarine sort of pitched drum sound in there, really cool!

2 Likes

Thanks, guys. I remade this at some point, especially since it was clipping very easily, and some of the controls were a bit off - I can probably re-upload some day. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ah, I didn’t realize the original post was quite old. Anyway, glad it was bumped so I could try it out :slight_smile:

2 Likes