Ladder Filter as Kick Drum

I understand…

Have you tried the tap tempo unit? You can specify the gate length and reduce it to a few ms, perhaps a bit of an awkward way to work though, depends if your beats are regular or not I guess.

Also the Skewed Sine is interesting too, well worth messing about with that :slight_smile:

It’s a good point though, a simpler envelope would be useful!

I have done some experiments this morning.
A simple drum kit.
The.lua file is a chain.
The.wav file has to go in the /ER301/Recorded Path.
Still in work.

Drums.zip (135.4 KB)

2 Likes

Cheers will look forward to checking it out…

My girlfriend is visiting today, so I won’t be around as much. We will be making music (she’s pretty crazy for synths too) but not sure if we will get round to checking this out.

I will soon though :slight_smile:

OK, So is this considered a bug that can be fixed, or is it normal behavior of ladder filter ? :

no self res on filter without a temporary injection of noise ?

This is beyond my understanding right now…

wouldnt it be easy to impliment into the filter itself to self resonate without audio input ?

Sorry, ive been away from synths for awhile and cant remember (difference between digital/analog ?

Or am i missing something else simple here?

I would absolutely love to hear some audio examples of these cool patches that people are posting!

and maybe someday it wont have to need a temporary injection of noise to activate…Is that realistic ?

It’s exciting stuff. I cant wait to get back n my feet and find time to dive into this environment

I wish I could find the thread where this has been discussed, but typically this is exactly how a normal filter would behave, the difference is that in a hardware setup the system noise would be enough to get the self oscillations going, in the digital environment there is no background noise so it needs to be artificially induced.

I believe @odevices is going to do something about it :slight_smile:

It was there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ahhh thank you :smiley:

Somewhere in the depths of my mind it was this discussion that eventually connected the dots and made me think of the kick drum trick with filters - so thank you!!

And it was trying to create a kick i encounter the problem…:smiley:

1 Like

just interested, the ladder filter is when self oscillating just a sine osc. why don´t use the sine osc for the kick, whats the difference?

Good point. :slight_smile: