Loading custom units

hmm ok i downloaded 4 custom units off of the forum and they all seem to be reacting the same way
i’ll delete them and try again

Are you sure your Mac can write to your SD card? Try creating a folder on it.

In other words, perhaps the “item” that cannot be found is the SD card.

well the sd card is showing up on my computer along with all its contents. strange i created a new folder on the sd card and now when i try moving it to my trash that same message pops up

That means the folder was never actually created.

Do you have another SD card handy to just check that you can successfully write to it?

ok so i just ejected it and put it back in and now i’m able to drag the custom units on to the a’s without any issues

sorry i should of tried the most obvious thing before bothering you about it.

No problem. SD cards can be finicky.

1 Like

it’s true…thanks for your help and patience brian!

ok here we go again…Don't Know how to Loading custom units I’ve followed all of these steps but when I get to the bracketed folder the custom units inside of it are not accessible and i get this message “this choice is not a file”

You should be able to just load the *.unit file directly from the Presets tab (S3) of the unit insert screen.

Press insert (S3).

Press Presets (S3).

Choose the desired *.unit file. Press ENTER.

FYI: In the file browser, you do not open a folder by pressing ENTER. You use the M6 button. ENTER is used to confirm your selection.

hmmm ok i’ve done this and when pressing M6 the folder says it’s empty for some reason

That means there are no *.unit files (i.e. files with an extension of unit) in the folder.

ok how do access files with an extension?

Is this a typo? As worded, I don’t understand the question since I said you need to already have files with the *.unit extension.

Perhaps you have file extensions hidden on your Mac, so you do not know what extensions your downloaded files have? Old custom units (v0.3 and before) had an extension of *.lua and will not in general work with this firmware.

ohh i see yea the “accents” folder has the extension of *.lua

But wait! The accents folder does not contain “custom unit” presets. That is a unit library that when installed correctly will show up in the unit browser screen.

To repeat, the accents download does not contain unit presets. It contains actual code that implements new units.

Perhaps this page will clear up some confusion?

http://wiki.orthogonaldevices.com/index.php/ER-301/User_Contributed_Presets

1 Like

oh perfect, yes thank you!

ahh it’s all out there once you start digging.
thanks for not completely handing it to me on a platter.
it’s the only way to learn.