Low Bit Audio Play issue now worse with firmware v0.1.6?

No new developments on this issue unfortunately. I think its time to throw the diagnostic net wider and start thinking about what else is in the case and its power. Have you tried the ER-301 in more than one case and had the same problem occur? If so, what are the commonalities of those 2 cases? I vaguely recall seeing that you posted a picture of the ER-301 in a beauty case. Did you experience the same problem there too?

I will pull the ER-301 out of my case and put it in a case by itself tonight to see if that changes things, if it does, then I will need to investigate further to see if it’s my power bus board or a combination of use with other modules in that 6U case. I am currently using the latest Intellijel TPS80W Triple Power Supply – 80W 3U / 6U bus board. Here is a current picture of what else is in that case with the ER-301. Let m know if you see any issues with this configuration.

I think I just had this issue. Audio just degenerated spontaneously with severe digital bit crushed distortion. I reloaded the chain but had to power cycle to remedy. Didn’t think to reset audio engine I’m afraid.

Running version 0.2.8 at 48kHz
Unit had been on all day. My chain has a sample player loaded with a 16bit/44kHz file all sliced up. Also a filter, some limiters, EQ3, lin VCA and 3 mixers with audio coming in from Ins 1, 2 and 3 respectively. Some internal modulation and external triggers/cv coming into A1, A2, B1 and C1. The external audio being fed into the chain was affected too, not just the sample player. I’ve been working with this chain for several weeks (and at least a few days in it’s current state) with no problems.

The ER-301 is in a Pittsburgh cell48 with a Mutable Branches and a Pittsburgh Game system.

There’s been a slew of fixes since .2.8 (@0.2.10 now).

I’d make a copy of that patch and try it with new firmware and see what happens?

Neil

Just wanted to say I just encountered this issue, with the newest firmware. The device had been on overnight I had to restart it, hadnt seen the advice to reboot audio yet. It seems to have fixed the problem for now but just thought I would mention it’s still clearly happening if people had thought it was resolved with updates. I’ll report back if it happens again. Was there ever any conclusion on this?

I’m experiencing the same issue as @rdevine1 in a case with the TPS80w power supply.

Still no progress on this. I haven’t even been able to reproduce it! :bow: Not giving up though.

Thanks for letting me know about your case power.

i just saw that when i had this issue i didn’t write that i also used the TPS80w power supply. i since changed back to doepfer power and never had this problem again.

Is this a strange case of linear vs switching finicky supplies?

i don’t think so, i had the module also running in a small skiff with the 4ms power without this problem. with the intellijel however i had noise problems too so for me it’s clear that the TPS80w is the problematic part.

1 Like

Just checking back on this thread. So its clear that everyone that switched from the TPS80W power supply got rid of this problem. Did anyone try this with any of the more recent MakeNoise bus power boards? Thinking I might go back to that in my case to get rid of this issue.

I haven’t experienced this issue while using my B+G shared system case

Good to know, I am going to install my old MakeNoise bus board and see if the problem persists.

1 Like

:+1:t2: Mine is from 2015 if that means anything for you

If you are not planning on using the TPS80W power supply right away for anything, may I have you send it to me temporarily for some testing? Shipping is on me.

2 Likes

Hey Brian absolutely I would be happy to send you this intellijel TPS80W board for testing. I am waiting on Tony Rolando to send me a new board should only be a few days. Once I get the old board out I can send it to you. I would love to get to the problem of this. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Did we ever get to the bottom of this? My 301 still exhibits this behaviour in my Intellijel 7u case. Which has TPS80W.

Nothing conclusive. I haven’t even been able to replicate the behavior here on my end, even with same exact module. So still gathering information.

Hmm, weird. Gamma radiation bit flips maybe? Anyways, ‘Audio Restart’ used to live in ‘Channel Setup’ which is no more. Is it somewhere else now? Having to reboot to get rid of this atm.

Uh, if it’s Gamma you’re in some trouble…