".LUa is not a valid extension" error

Hello everyone, I’m trying to save a .lua file made on the 301 (firmware v0.3.25-stable), but when I try loading the saved file, the 301 reads the extension as .LUa (instead of all lowercase) and I’m getting the error .LUa is not a valid extension. When I mount the card on the computer, the extenstion looks correct (.lua). It’s just a Feedback Looper, so there shouldn’t be anything in what I’ve built that is causing this. I’ve tried saving this every way I could think of, but I get the same results. When saving, the meassage shows the properly formatted extension. Any ideas? Thanks.

This seems to come up once in a while. I’m not sure what causes it.

Have you tried saving to a new file - just don’t put an extension on the end and let the ER-301 handle it?

By the way, just in case you don’t know, LUA files are just plain text. So if you’re trying to get back whatever you saved in that .LUa file, you could just save a new, basically empty file x.lua. Open up y.LUa file in a text editor and copy/paste the text into x.lua, I think.

Hi Joe, I did try that but no luck. I also reinstalled the firmware and restarted. There’s nothing I can’t rebuild easily, but it’s happening whenever I use the Feedback Looper. I’ll try copying everything into a text file, though, and see if that fixes it. Thanks!

Pasting into a new file on the computer fixed it.
Thanks!

1 Like

I don’t think it’s an issue in 0.4.x. All of the extensions have changed. E.g. to

.chain
.unit
.mixer

Etc

1 Like