Home | ER-101 | ER-102 | ER-301 | Wiki | Contact

LxPG — an adjustable sample-based LPG

Hi all,

Here’s my attempt at making an LPG that allows for a few useful adjustments.

The “vactrol ring” and “CV Both” are using a sample of the lower part of actual Make Noise LxD’s vactrol response on a +10v offset when strike is triggered — to achieve exponential envelope.

It’s pretty simple but i’m sure i’ll be improving it.

LxPG
CV Both — equivalent to level control on Optomix or Terminal (VCA/VCF open/close). It is mapped to the reversed vactrol response sample to make it exponential, like on most LPGs.
Strike — feed it triggers / gates.
Damping — controls the speed of the vactrol response sample playback, effectively affecting the “ring” time. 0 is original speed (that seems too long-ish).
VCA Bias and VCF Bias — offsets tuning the response to make it brighter, darker, more “VCA-y” or more “VCF-y”. Experiment! I picked up ranges that seem useful to me but you can always “Edit Controls”.
VCF Q — filter resonance. Again, I limited ranges to what seemed useful to me.

Installation:
put the .unit file anywhere
the “vactrol” folder goes into “ER-301/samples” folder in the root of the SD card.
Again, the path should be "/ER-301/samples/vactrol"

CPU level is at 13% now, i’ll think about what I can do to reduce it.

please let me know what you think! i was able to coax pretty convincing LPG stuff from it.

v 0.2 — LxPG.zip (1.2 MB)

15 Likes

Looks cool. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to trying it out!

1 Like

Thanks, let me know what you think!

wow!!! tomorrow i’ll be testing it and will give some feedback! (i have optomix v1, lxd and streams to compare).
thanks for sharing!!!

1 Like

thanks! certainly there’s a lot of uniqueness to the real LPGs that can’t be replicated — but that’s not the goal, i have the LxD and the mk1 Terminal too, as well as the 208r and they all sound great and different. but as a small aux thingy, especially for live setups the LxPG can be useful i hope.

1 Like

simply beautiful! i just loaded up a sine vco with some feedback and the lxpg, works really well and retains the lovely punchiness of real plucked lpg’s!
congrats! this is very useful!

1 Like

thanks! i’m really happy to hear that!

i hope one day i learn middle layer to make more efficient units.

1 Like

Love the concept of this – such a neat way of emulating an LxD. Really inspiring!

2 Likes

Thanks!