Manual grains

Just saw this. Is that still planned?

I’m still thinking it over but I moved it to the back of the queue once I realized that there is no clear advantage to packaging polyphony into a builtin unit vs packaging polyphony into a patch (which we already have). It’s just the convenience vs flexibility trade-off.

1 Like

Round Robin on varispeed player would be awesome, though :sunglasses:

cant we already do this via patching? i never tried it but i think it can be done via counter and bump scanners, isn’t it?

anyway i agree that polyphony is better handled “globally” or patch-wise rather than on single units. perhaps a unit to manage different priorities\round-robin and such, maybe into a container type unit such as the “three bands”…

Of course it can and I’ve done it a few times. However all the glue needed to make this work is tough on the cpu, so a build in unit would make it more practical…

3 Likes

Can anyone give me some pointers on how to play a sample back in manual grains at the sample’s original bpm, and to have the sample constantly moving forward, so that it’s a perfect loop, as opposed to having the start parameter moving back and forth? What settings would you use to achieve this? What tools would you use to make the start parameter solely move forward instead of back and forth.

Sounds to me like you want to use the Grain Stretch unit instead of Manual Grains.

1 Like

Oh really? Despite going over the wiki, I wasn’t quite sure exactly how the grain stretch worked, but if it can be used in this way, that’s awesome. I’ll give it another go. Thanks!

So I just spent about an hour playing with the grain stretch…wow. This thing is the greatest sampler ever!

1 Like