BEWARE mnemix and mnemix + are both intended as mono in mono out mixers, while mnemix stereo is 4 mono in stereo out (but at higher cpu cost)
hello again 301ers!
these two units are strongly inspired by Mutable Instruments Frames when used as an animated, keyframed 4 to 1 mixer. They are made possible by the great Voltage Bank bespoke unit by @Joe (all hail Accents!!!)
all free for ever and ever for every kind of usage, if you want to make a microdonation you can paypal a virtual coin to firstname.lastname@example.org
here we go:
At the right of the “open” window you have 4 inputs: in1,in2,in3 and in4.
Enter their subchains and insert whatever you want (external sounds thru physical jacks, internal units or custom units, whatever), then put the Index slider to 1, make level adjustments with the lvl1 to lvl4 sliders (remember, bipolar, so you can invert phase of your signals) and press Trig, this will record the level values for all 4 inputs on Index position1. Then move Index to 2, change level values and hit Trig again. Do it for all the 8 available index positions. now you can use index to move to different “mixer presets”. Use slew to decide wether to change preset abruptly (but clickless) or to smoothly fade!
- Slew sets the fade time in seconds when moving from an index position to another
- Trig records the actual faders position to the current index position
- Index access the 8 possible positions where you can store faders values. while playing move the index to scroll thru 8 different mixing presets.
- lvl1 thru lvl4 these 4 sliders are used to set the level of the 4 inputs for each index position
- in1 thru in4 these are not controls (you cannot change fader values) but inputs. enter their subchains and insert your audio sources (the physical inputs of er-301 or whatever internal sound generating unit you want)
Mnemix + is the same as Mnemix but with additional internal Index Modulation.
After setting up you can use an internal sine lfo or an internal stepped random. Their frequency is controlled by the rate slider, their amplitude by the amt (amout) slider. You choose wether sine or random with the rnd (random) toggle: unlit=sine, lit=random.
- rnd random control, toggles between sine (unlit) or stepped random (lit)
- rate frequency of internal modulators
- amt amount of internal modulators
cpu about 35%
tips when using modulation is better to put index on a value of 4 because both sine and stepped random are bipolar. with the maximum amount (4) they will swing the entire index value range
Mnemix +.unit (53.8 KB)
stereo version… this one is the same as the basic Mnemix (not the + version) but for use on stereo chains. here you have also control on the panning of individual channels (the inputs are still mono), and the panning gets recorded in the Index positions along with level!
this one is heavy on the cpu, about 64% so no internal modulations and i advice you to use it only to mix external signals.
added controls are only pan1 thru pan4, pretty easy.
here it is:
Mnemix stereo.unit (65.2 KB)